+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mis-read the situation or he's taking his time

Mis-read the situation or he's taking his time

I'm in a situation with a guy I really like and who is helping me out with something.

I've fallen hard for him and I know my feelings are real and not just due to him helping me out but I don't know what he feels. We get on really well and have a laugh and he's said he enjoys my company. He's quite happy to go off the topic of something but seems uneasy/shy if I throw him any compliments.

The chemistry between us is evident though and I get the feeling both of us are wondering what the other really feels. I think I've missed some bait from him in the past and and now don't know if I'm in the friend zone or he thinks I'm not interested.

Questions I keep asking myself are Why is he really going out of his way to help me? Does he know how I feel and is side-stepping due to something being in the way or because he's not interested/unavailable? Is he just being helpful? Was he interested and now not? Does he think I'm not interested?

Being upfront is not my style and I don't think it's the right time to ask him anything but I've got it bad.

Confused. Would appreciate a guy's perspective. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by picklepops123 View Post
    Being upfront is not my style and I don't think it's the right time to ask him anything but I've got it bad.
    If you're too much of a wimp to ask him out on a date and think that it's not the right time (when is the right time by the way, november 2015) you'll just have to wait and wait and wait.

Stop being a pathetic little girlie, it's the 21st century. ASK HIM OUT.

After asking around it turns out the guy is a bit of a player and just in it for the chase. Sure he likes me and it turns out I was considered a bit of a conquest for him, hence why he was going out of his way to help me. And the reason he never responded to any compliments is that he doesn't like to invest in anything. He's got a FWB back on the scene too so doesn't really have the incentive to pursue (hence the mixed signals I was getting), just likes to know I'm there if/when he should ever want to pick up.

Well, he had me fooled for a bit, I was taken in by his charm I'm not going to deny. He didn't bother to really find out who I was though, just whether or not he thought I may like him. And once he felt I did, he pigeon-holed and moved on. He didn't really take down any walls either. If he did, I'd probably see how shallow he really is. Well he sure underestimated me. Thank god I woke up!

Congrats! You can do SO MUCH better than this. Just keep positive. There are over 7 billion people in this world, and one of them is your ideal guy looking for you. Don't stop believing.

what is the "something" he was helping you with? having sex? I read it over a few times and was confused by that

No, and it's not relevant to the discussion. He was going out of his way to help me on a matter that's all.
    Last edited by picklepops123; 05-02-13 at 10:43 PM.

Its the quiet ones you have to watch...

Actually, it gets worse. He's got a long term girlfriend in addition to some FWB and girlies he works with who he sees. No wonder he was elusive. Be warned ladies, elusive/mysterious generally denotes trouble.
    Last edited by picklepops123; 06-02-13 at 06:48 AM.