+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with carrying on living together?

How to deal with carrying on living together?

I posted a couple of days ago (New 'experience' and unsure what to think!) and I am asking for different advice.

As I stated, we broke up 3 weeks ago and I have been at home since then. We live together up at university in a contract that neither of us can afford to get out of, so not living together is not an option. I have till the end of May until I finish my degree and can move back home and after already doing 2 and a half years, me my family and my friends think it would be insane to quit university now.

So what I'm asking for is any advice, tips, opinions that you may have of how to handle living up there with him. Please bare in mind that we don't have seperate rooms, it literally is a bedroom and kitchen in one room with a separate bathroom.

I'm going back up today and I'm so scared and nervous because we haven't spoken much since it happened and I don't know what to expect or the best way to deal with it is.

that's a really rough one. I would just try to keep to yourself, focus on your schoolwork and maybe do activities that will get you out of the house when he's there so you don't have to be around him constantly. good luck, sorry you have to go through this!

Ask ur friends up there can u take turns staying with them a couple of times a week. Im sorry your going through this too. Stay strong. Its only 3months. You will be fine. Go to the library, spend time with friends etc. Spend as little time there as possible xx

Quote Originally Posted by brokenhearted91 View Post
    So what I'm asking for is any advice
    Here's some advice that might help you in the future. Learn to spell correctly. I believe the word is 'bear' and not 'bare'. If I saw that on your CV I'd put you on the Do Not Interview pile.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's for this reason I don't think living together when you are young is a good idea. I don't really see how this can be fixed, other than trying to avoid each other as much as possible, sleeping away, etc. It's never a good idea to rely so heavily on someone else for your living arrangements. Maybe your parents can help you rent a room in someone's house, or something?

Oh, and for the record, it's "separate", not "seperate".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

Oh, and for the record, it's "separate", not "seperate".)
    Good advice as always.

vashti is annoying....

^^^ are you serious? How ironic that a post about annoyance is rather annoying!

On Topic: Don't spend any time in the apartment with him other then to sleep. Then, sleep on the floor or tell him to sleep on the floor. Go to your student or guidance councellor and see if they can give you any suggestions.

It's water under the bridge now, but Vashti is right. It's not a good idea to move in with anyone unless you are well established in your careers already and you won't find yourself in such predicaments.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    vashti is annoying....
    Who are you?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I too am a bit OCD but I don't correct peoples grammar or spellings all day long... that is what I meant by annoying lol

vashti is annoying....
    Vashti has a shedload of postings on this forum and most of them are well worth reading.

I too am a bit OCD but I don't correct peoples grammar or spellings all day long... that is what I meant by annoying lol
    You forgot to put a full stop at the end of your sentence. And I don't believe that 'lol' is a word.

I also have plenty of replies on this site which are also worth reading and who asked you?

^^^ Is that you, Iamma?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    ^^^ Is that you, Iamma?
    Not even one percent as good as the old original. Oh I miss all those insults. But he was funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast