+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Keeping in touch between dates

Keeping in touch between dates

I'm starting to date this rather shy and conservative girl. We've gone out a few times. My question is how should I be keeping in touch with her between dates? How often should I text her or phone her? Right now I'm texting her once every 2 days just to keep the connection going. But we don't talk much over text, though we have a lot to talk about in person. She's kinda busy the next 2 weeks, so I might only be able to see her 3 weeks later. How to keep in touch with her then? Appreciate tips/experience sharing.

Thanks much!

Does she ever initiate contact with you? I think that it should go both ways. Even a shy girl will initiate contact if she really likes the guy and feels comfortable with him. Two days seems pretty fair/normal, but if she NEVER texts you first, maybe wait a bit longer in between texts. You should try to keep the connection going though regardless, to assure each other that you're both still interested.

Basically though, I'd just say text her when you feel like it, when you're thinking of her or when you have something to say... but keep the general "2 day / how often she texts you" rule in mind for a point of reference.

I think she's totally inexperienced in dating and getting wooed by guys. But will this cause her to not initiate contact? Is it logical to think that she doesn't know how to respond to my chasing her?

The signs are positive though. She's started to respond more when I text her, and she's also starting to initiate contact via texts, though still rather infrequent. But she's definitely warming up to me, which is awesome to see since she was so cold just a few months ago...

Quote Originally Posted by raml33 View Post
    But she's definitely warming up to me, which is awesome to see since she was so cold just a few months ago...
    Excellent news. At this kind of rate you might get to shag her in a decade or two.

Thanks..u're really encouraging...