+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A silly thing apparently - FB status

A silly thing apparently - FB status

I can't help but feel guilty about being dramatic over something as silly as FB but it nags me. We've dated for two years now - admittedly we are long distance but we see each other every couple months and we talk a few hours every day, watch films together, game together. He is so relaxed about everything and so patient, I am always on the go and not so patient. I've stayed with his family and most of his close friends yet when I have asked him a few times in the past about at the very least making his status unavailable he says "no". And his reason is he doesn't want anyone to know his private stuff. Well surely two years is a bit long for me to be a secret considering I've gone out with him in his hometown/stayed at his parents/danced with his friends? Photos of us together are also a no no - he asked me nicely not to put them on for the same reason and I respect that. But can any man give me some insight? I don't get it - I keep my friends down to a bare minimum but he has in excess of 300. Any of my female friends just freak out so I'd like this from some guy perspective. He isn't your typical "player" kind of man. Intelligent, reserved, responsible, quiet, a bit geeky y'know? Maybe he's just embarrassed of me - I'm not what you'd call babe material and I go against the grain of his past gf's if you know what I mean...

Even tho it's been two years, this relationship is still temporary status. You don't live in the same town, you only see each other a few times a year, you don't live together...so what is there? So you chat on line or in a game everyday so what. That's hardly a true relationship. My guess is he is leaving himself open for something else to come up sooner or later. This isn't just about FB status, this is about not having your expectations being met. On the other side of the coin, he has this need to feed his ego on FB, and wants to attract as many females as he can.

Most would say FB is stupid and you shouldn't let it get to you. If he wants to keep things private on his FB page, then it's his business, not yours. If it bothers you that much, and I'm sure any kind of explination from a guy isn't going to change the way you see it, maybe it's time to reasses this relationship, and consider just moving on and find a man that would proudly let everyone know that you are his GF.
    Last edited by smackie9; 20-03-13 at 02:41 AM.

Y do people even bother with these ldr! So pointless and stupid! Its going nowhere. Seriously wakeup and smell the coffee. 2years, no commitment and no effort made to be closer to u. U are beimg played and hell drop u like a hot potato when he meets someone he considers "better". If ur happy to be used till then and happy to be second best to a loser who will never give you what you want-go ahead but how much longer are u gonna waste?

Ive always wondered what it would be like to be a doormat for someone but thankfully im not one of those women. Id rather cut my own throat than settle for that bullshit. Anyway have a nice life. Maybe one day youll grow a back bone

You have two issues here. One is the whole long distance thing. I agree that it's not worth it if you can't see each other regularly. Once every two months or so is pretty bad. The second issue is that he doesn't want to acknowledge you as his girlfriend, doesn't want pictures of you two together being seen by others, etc. You probably have a lot more feelings for him than he does for you and as soon as he finds someone close to him who gives him the same attention you are giving him, you'll be forgotten.

Oh and btw any girl can be a babe. U need more confidence and possibly a makeover. Attraction is all in ur attitude and sense of self worth as well as taking pride in ur appearance so i reccommend u work on that and boost ur self esteem.

Ya I agree.....you definitly needs some self esteem Starpix.

Starpix, which one of you is going to move? And when will it be?

If there are no concrete plans to be together soon, my bet is that he's keeping his options open.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

as a guy hes not that into you. he will drop u for someone else. if i like a girl enuf id more than be happy to tellmy mates and have fotos etc. even though people say its only fb it does mean a lot. he wants attnetion from other females and you obviously have more feelings for him than he does for you. sorry its bullshit from him and i wudnt take this

You are one to talk lol.....

lol i wish u cud have been in my shoes. its so hard wen ur emotionally invovled and invested bro. and you may find it hard to believe i walked away twice from her cos i didnt feel she was into me. i thought she was playing me. but i think you would have done the same as me maybe. i wish you cud see our conversation

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Oh and btw any girl can be a babe.
    Very true. Well unless she's fat. Or ugly. Or stupid. Or clingy. Or bonkers. So it's probably more true to say that 5 percent of women have the potential to be a babe.

Quote Originally Posted by lamobatsman View Post
    lol i wish u cud have been in my shoes. its so hard wen ur emotionally invovled and invested bro. and you may find it hard to believe i walked away twice from her cos i didnt feel she was into me. i thought she was playing me. but i think you would have done the same as me maybe. i wish you cud see our conversation
    I have walked away when emotionally invested, and never looked back..... because I have self worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Very true. Well unless she's fat. Or ugly. Or stupid. Or clingy. Or bonkers. So it's probably more true to say that 5 percent of women have the potential to be a babe.
    So pessimistic. I say at least 50%.