+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When should dating become a relationship?

When should dating become a relationship?

Ermm how should I start this..

-We become really close since beginning of this year and have known each other for past 1.5 years. Studying in the same uni overseas and are in the same gang of friends.

- Everyone can tell we both like each other. A day after Valentine he asked me to be his gf but I rejected cause I am just scared. Both 20. Haven't been in any relationship after my puppy highschool love 5 years back. He has never been into one before thus really wishes to.

- Told him I will give him an ans by the end of this summer. But we ended up making out recently, cuddling and kissing. I felt guilty cause things are too rush.

- That's why I always become emotional and ridiculous in front of him, treating him hot and cold once in every while and this is making both of us tired.

-I don't know how to go on so we agreed to just remain like really normal friends for the next one and a half month till before summer starts, and we will see how things go. I don't know if it's a good idea cause I have been crying as it's really suffering for me. And I know it's suffering for him too.

-It's hard at this time, but I secretly wish I can use this period of time to sort things out and get over this feeling for him and eventually realizing what I want, cause really, I hate dramas and just wanna live a simple life, & I don't think I am suitable to be in a relationship.

-Things are so rush, I don't know if I should accept this relationship. Any advice are welcomed

P/s: Instead of distancing myself from him completely, we just talk and chat normally like good friends, give each other support & companion, and everytime we part, we still hug lightly like friends do. Idk if this's helping, or I should really have all the time by myself so that I could see things clearer.
    Last edited by Shawtie; 20-03-13 at 07:18 AM.

You'll just keep confusing yourself and run in circles if you keep seeing him around. You need time for yourself and space from him to truly identify your feelings and what you want.

Shawtie, if you dangle him on a string for much longer, you're going to lose him. What are you so afraid of? Why is kissing and cuddling rushing things?

Life waits for no man (or woman)
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by goodluckchuck View Post
    You'll just keep confusing yourself and run in circles if you keep seeing him around. You need time for yourself and space from him to truly identify your feelings and what you want.
    I know I know...I have been trying my best not to talk to him but this is hurting each of us so badly. I dont even know what we're doing now is right or wrong. Whenever I see the sadness in his eyes and when we couldn't hug longer cause we're just friends, it makes me cry. Every time I have to push him away although non of us wanna let go of the hug but I mean I dont know..why am I doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Shawtie, if you dangle him on a string for much longer, you're going to lose him. What are you so afraid of? Why is kissing and cuddling rushing things?

Life waits for no man (or woman)
    I'm just so afraid of it. the fear of attachment, the fear of things might not work out and losing someone who used to be so important in my life. I just don't have the courage to take this risk..And I just can't see any future..
    Last edited by Shawtie; 20-03-13 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawtie View Post
    I'm just so afraid of it. the fear of attachment, the fear of things might not work out and losing someone who used to be so important in my life. I just don't have the courage to take this risk..And I just can't see any future..
    Stop being so bloody pathetic. Scared scared scared. Scared to get out of bed in the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawtie View Post
    Most relationships go belly up- until we fine The One...and even then it can still go belly up. Friendships come and go. Life never goes as planned. Nothing is guaranteed. But mostly, life is still good.

Now, when something goes wrong, most of us pick ourselves up, shake the dust off and keep on going. We get over the hiccups and we survive. Why do you think you are unable to bounce back after a disappointment?

What do you mean about being unable to see any future?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.