+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex goes on date with another guy whilst I am still living with her...been apart 1week

Ex goes on date with another guy whilst I am still living with her...been apart 1week

My girlfriend decided to break up with me just over a week ago because she wanted to "see other guys".

The previous week she had been complimented at her waitress job as being attractive. She told me that this happened and I thought nothing of it.

Two days later she tells me she wants to break up because she wants to see other guys. She explains that not only did she get a compliment the other day but she also got given a number from that guy and she had accepted the number.

I asked her if she had text this guy, and she said no. I asked again a few minutes later and she admitted she had text him saying "hello". When she left the room I looked at her phone and she had been flirting with this guy and had labelled me her "ex", bearing in mind when she sent these texts we were together and had not even told me about breaking up.

Fast forward a week and here I am on my day off and she is on a date with this guy that gave his number to her. Add into the mix that we are still living in our own flat together. Purely because it is very cheap to live here and it is near my work. But it is killing me.

To give you more insight into the pure cheek of my ex, she even asked me if I could drive her to her date today! Her reasoning was that she had given me loads of lifts before...my response was "um well I'm hardly going to take you to see another guy, when I clearly still have feelings for you". Absolutely crazy. During the break up talk she even suggested her being able to see other guys and if it doesn't work out then maybe me and her could get back to together! She admitted straight after saying that, that it was the whole trying to have her cake and eat it thing. But the pure cheek of suggesting that!

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated, as my mind is all over the place at the moment. P.s we were together for 2 years.

You are living with a woman who is "OUT" of your relationship. It is time for one of you to move out and move on. It sounds like your, "ex" is the type of woman who is easily had by flattery. Honestly, do you want this to be your future? I'd count this as a HUGE blessing that you found out the extent of her shallowness now. Without further ado, MOVE! Or have her move. I hope you find someone with some integrity! Ann
    Ann

Thanks for the reply Ann, yeah I think a move is needed very soon. I'm not sure how much longer I can stay here.

It was her choice... why don't you suggest that she move?

Yeah I had thought about it... definitely worth mentioning.

^^^^ I think its more worth demanding.

Dude grow some balls! Put her crap out on the front step and change the locks. Let this new BF of her's deal with her accommodations.

Can you say DOORMATTTT!!!!! this girl has definitely got you under her wing. one thing women don't like is a weak man. a man that she can walk over and that's why she saw no problem in telling that she wanted to date other guys and to drive her to her date. she knows that your going to do anything she say this is a way of a girl running over you and if you let her shes going to run a mile. and second why are you still living with her job or no job there is no way that you should let her go on a date and still live with her unless you guys or friends but your exs. smh get it together guy put your foot down and let her know what you will accept and what you won't. she's completely disrespecting you as a man and a human being with feelings.

He's not allowing himself to be disrespected because he didn't drive her. Had he drove her, then yes he would be disrespeting himself never mind her disrespecting him.

Just tell her to get out and you'll be all set for your next adventure in dating in no time at all without her there keeping you stagnated in this limbo you're set up in, Op.

Thanks for the input people. It's so easy to not see the truth of the situation when you're in the situation yourself. So I appreciate all your opinions. I'm beginning to realise exactly what I need to do.