+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex goes on date with another guy whilst I am still living with her...been apart 1week

Ex goes on date with another guy whilst I am still living with her...been apart 1week

My girlfriend decided to break up with me just over a week ago because she wanted to "see other guys".

The previous week she had been complimented at her waitress job as being attractive. She told me that this happened and I thought nothing of it.

Two days later she tells me she wants to break up because she wants to see other guys. She explains that not only did she get a compliment the other day but she also got given a number from that guy and she had accepted the number.

I asked her if she had text this guy, and she said no. I asked again a few minutes later and she admitted she had text him saying "hello". When she left the room I looked at her phone and she had been flirting with this guy and had labelled me her "ex", bearing in mind when she sent these texts we were together and had not even told me about breaking up.

Fast forward a week and here I am on my day off and she is on a date with this guy that gave his number to her. Add into the mix that we are still living in our own flat together. Purely because it is very cheap to live here and it is near my work. But it is killing me.

To give you more insight into the pure cheek of my ex, she even asked me if I could drive her to her date today! Her reasoning was that she had given me loads of lifts before...my response was "um well I'm hardly going to take you to see another guy, when I clearly still have feelings for you". Absolutely crazy. During the break up talk she even suggested her being able to see other guys and if it doesn't work out then maybe me and her could get back to together! She admitted straight after saying that, that it was the whole trying to have her cake and eat it thing. But the pure cheek of suggesting that!

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated, as my mind is all over the place at the moment. P.s we were together for 2 years.

duplicate post.

As long as you continue living together, you're going to continue suffering while she goes on feeling like she can have her cake and eat it too. You need to get your priorities straight. No amount of money or driving time is worth the pain you'll experience if you stay. I assume you've both been at the place for the same amount of time. It would be nice if she offered to move out since she's the one who wanted to end things. If she's not willing to do that, though, then cut your losses and find other arrangements. Once you're away, you can focus on moving on with your life, but that will be really hard to do as long as you see her all the time.

Something similar happened to a nice guy I know very well.They were together for three years. Then she cheated on him. They got back together for another three four years. She got a weekend job in a bar and started to see a guy she met in the bar. For a few weeks, while living in the same apartment with her ex-boyfriend she would go on dates with this new man. The poor ex-boyfriend was having such a hard time that he sometimes couldn't remember if he had eaten during the day and lost kilos in days. In the end he found another place to live and left. When he did that, he erased her from his heart. It simply was too painful, too unfair and too cheap how she behaved. One simply doesn't do that to other people.

The ex-boyfriend recovered, got a new girlfriend the next year and they are still very happy. She kept meeting different guys, no one for too long, while she was longing for a serious relationship. Then she met a guy who needed 10 years to seriously commit to her and broke her heart numerous times.

Do yourself a favour: leave as soon as you can and don't look back! Be glad you've got to see who she really is as a person - not much really! Be glad you'll have the chance to be away from someone like her and one day meet someone nice.

People separate all the time but when something like this occurs, when there is so much lack of respect and consideration, for me it's like this kind of women lack some kind of basic humanity and self-respect too. I rarely blame so much one person when a separation occurs but I can't understand how someone could do this to a partner or ex-partner within days of calling it off and still living together.

Leave as soon as you can, have no regrets, just be glad that someone so selfish and cheap like her will not be in your life anymore! And take care of yourself, eat properly, understand that you shouldn't suffer for someone who has lost all her value and look forward to your new life! Also do not worry, life will pay her back in no time.
    Last edited by Valixy; 26-03-13 at 06:17 AM.

the girl is extremely insecure-she craves attention to stroke her ego. Its no reflection on you-its all on her.

I agree with the others-you need to move out, get over her and get on with your life.

You will be okay, in time you will heal and eventually meet someone else who doesnt think "the grass is greener"

It sounds like she is using you...mostly as a safety net. She is still living with you as a convenience & for cheap rent. She wants to you to drive her on her date??? & then if it doesn't work out, she has you to fall back on. I would suggest finding another place to live and don't talk to her anymore.

It doesn't matter how cheap this flat is, the emotional cost of living with this treacherous ex is going to be too damn high. Pack your stuff up and look for another place to live. Find a roommate if you can't afford a place on your own.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.