+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Crush/love issue

Crush/love issue

Hello friends,
    ill be very happy if you could give a moment to read this story and maby help me, Thanks
    theres a girl that i loved for almost 3 years now, and i have always been too shy to tell her how i feel, but a couple of months ago we were alone, just sat down and talked
    and there was a moment that me and her stared at each other for a long time, and she licked her lips for a bit, and i like a big idiot froze and just asked "what?" i think it was pretty much a sign, but after i said "what" she turned her head down laughed and looked up again, and from then on there is no tension, or anythin, again im not 100% sure that she wanted to kiss... anyway, about a week or so, i saw her with another guy and it caused me alot of pain... and were friends and everythin... but i wanted to ask for advice,
    im not sure ill ever be abale to be with her but there is still this annoying part in my brain that tells me i can and should'nt give up, im here to ask you if you think i should try to get her out of my head (its been 3 years its gonna be extremely hard) or not give up.
    Thank you for your time

Give more info about your interaction with her. And, yes in moments like those, when you say something like "what?" you jolt her back to reality. It's like snapping her out of a trance in a sense.
    How close together were you when that happened.

"Give up what" You've not told us that you've done anything that would indicate that you tried to be with her in a romantic sense or that you even somehow showed and/or told her you wanted to be with her. So what have you done that you should give up on?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

we were very good friends.. but i always felt some tention, after that that interaction things were the same only with out the tention.

"give up" was incorect, i ment getting her out of my head because it can cause me some depretion from time to time

Does she have a boyfriend now?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anonymus View Post
    "give up" was incorect, i ment getting her out of my head because it can cause me some depretion from time to time
    If you don't have the confidence or courage to ask her out on a proper date (and use the word "date") with her, then yes just forget her and distance yourself from the friendship if it's making you depressed. I see no point in stangnating yourself from finding a real girlfriend and being hurt over this, this "thing" you have with her.

In the future, keep a girl for a "friend" after you've established that she is already your girlfriend of the romantic kind. That way you'll not go through this ambiguity that depresses you again.

If you do have the confidence and bravery to ask her out on a date (that actually ends in a kiss) then by all means do that and see what she has to say. If she turns you down and only wants to be friends then you can slowly do the fade on her or outright tell her that you don't want that and that you wish her well.

Of course, as basil refers to.. don't ask her out if she actually has a boyfriend... just do "give up" for sure.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You would know it if there was chemistry between the two of you. Just her licking her lips isnt a sign and if she liked you then you would know it. You would both feel it. I think you need to mature a bit and you will understand.

Its sucks to realize that girl became too big to pick up. You waited for too long and what eary on was possible with little finger now feels like using both hands but still no strenght take her.