+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is she avoiding me?

Why is she avoiding me?

Why does she keep ignoring me?
    I have had a crush on this girl for about nearly a year now.
    I met her not long after school started. At the beginning, I smiled and said "Hi" to her. She smiled and said Hi back. She's a pretty shy girl. She's not the type of girl who would be the first one to start a conversation. I was also shy back than, but over these months, I've gained some confidence. I wanted to go up to her and tell her how I feel. I was expecting her to smile just like before... but instead she pretends not to see me and walks away...
    I didn't get a chance to tell her yet, because she keeps avoiding me every time i go up to her.
    When we're across the room, we still greet each other though... which is a bit awkward.... (because we never really had a conversation yet we still say "Hi" to each other for months now)
    Was she being nice the whole time, and actually doesn't like me?

Kevin, is she continually avoiding you - or did it happen just that once?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

If you are still saying "hi" to each other...I don't understand where the "she is avoiding me" part comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Kevin, is she continually avoiding you - or did it happen just that once?
    Happened a few times, didn't look too interested in talking to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by rayna View Post
    If you are still saying "hi" to each other...I don't understand where the "she is avoiding me" part comes in.
    We greet each other from across the room.

Just chase harder. Its a challenge. I understand as more shy and ignorand she is as more shy you become and as harder it hits your confidence. But imagine that she likes you and what will you will be saying. If enyoj what you are doing the girl likes it too.

Been in situation where girl acts like she dont see me when I talk to her, I kept looking straight at her, smiling with straight back and chest turned against her and after 3-5 minutes called her name again. This time she did look at me and after I said what I wanted she turned her head down blushing and smiling quietly answered. Her boyfriend was 2 feed away from her but at that moment he didnt exist for both of us.

Its not like I knew what I am doing - it just came naturaly from confidence and living in the moment.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Try harder?

I don't understand how two shy people say hi to each other across the room. Is it like silent eye contact and smile? Screaming HIIIII across the room (that I can't see happening in this case)? A wave? Or are you imagining it?

If she's avoiding you each time you try to approach her...maybe it's time to move on. Does she even really know you?

Next time you say "hi" to each other (whatever that means) don't keep walking. Stop and say something like "how are you?" and try to start a convo.