+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cold Bucket of WATER on my back, a blessing?

Cold Bucket of WATER on my back, a blessing?

Well im back, ( if anyone remembers me at all or even gives 1 percent of a dam LOL).

And im back with a story here...

So in one of my classes i saw ( different girl to the one i talked of before if u remember my previous activity) ive seen a girl that looks introverted,shy, and in her own world, which made me build a profile around her that made me feel safe to try to approach her due to some assumptions i made on her character. I would prefer to maybe go out with someone who is not a very social person who likes to party alot, because that brings with it a character and profile that with experience i have noticed to be correct and which makes me anxious to think about.
    ( albeit im not saying this whole way of seeing things isnt faulty in it self).

Well i had payed attention to her actions and how she moves, talks, acts, looks like the ARCHETYPAL loner if there ever was one, the fact that the facebook profile i had of her only had 23 friends ( i have 3 times that despite being pretty introverted my self, and they are mostly not "just random fb friends"), and that she looked like a parkinsons patient in her class speeched because of he nervousness, and that shes apparently shy, OF COURSE made me jump into conclusions about her possible character..

So since the semester in college is almost over and theres no other way to communicate with her other than to directly ask her out, i was going to do so today, everything was perfect but she did something (irrelevant to expand on atm) that made it so i couldnt TODAY.

So i came home dissapointed that now i only have about 4 real life chances to do something and i have to wait almost a week to do so. I went on facebook and went to hers to check it out, now she has 23 friends and as i see who she friended, theres a second profile of hers i never saw in the search bar. I click it and it shows me A DRASTICALLY different image of her..

Instead of 23 friends, 653, Instead of a depressed picture on the cover, A picture of her Smiling, apparently dressed up nicely sitting in like a table that would seem like shes in a party. And in her likes section she has beauty parlors, and etc...oh and apparently shes been single for 2 WEEKS!

So this gives me a drastically different idea of her. I'm so out of it when it comes to the enthusiasm that im even thinking right now that since maybe the possibilities of me being successful despite being a good looker as i now believe i am are lower than they used to be, that i am tempted to ask her out on facebook because of how long it will take to try again to ask a girl that is not as attractive of a prospect as she once seemed...

So whats the question and y is it in the personal development forum?

My question is, should i bother going for this girl considering my assumptions have been driven across the floor or should i forget about this over thinking, introverted personality and view and just go for it since " i have nothing to lose..." ( ROLLS EYES).

I think it might sound like i ramble a bit here but i hope i got my point and question across.

Right now i am not enthusiastic as i once was, i feel like simply sending her a message at this very instant instead of waiting an entire week..

Heck this whole situation may be VERY WRONG in any of your eyes since apparently it can be said ive delved perhaps way too deep into this? and that my whole perceptions on how to do things are horribly wrong..but i wanted to maybe see if i could go with an girl i built a profile i liked around, and now it seems to have been dragged across the nile river...

In her new profile her friends list is filled with what is apparently her family, maybe she realized she friended too many people that werent really her friends and decided to start from scratch..see im delving too much or is the word dwelling..fck sake lol im in a bit of shock i attached this image of this girl a bit to too much..

iF I decide to take a abundance mentality where i see here as just one girl out of many i could just ask her out right now and not give a dam if she says no...

GRRRRR.
    Last edited by whatname; 19-04-13 at 11:25 AM.

Look at your process: you make up a story based on appearance, not interpersonal connection, and then you are surprised that this person is different from the one you made up? Really?

I say, "go for it," and stop making up stories and over analyzing. Do you have OCD? Or are you comfortable with your, "aloneness?" You have given so many excuses for you not to act and they're all based on your own fiction! Leave fantasy land and join us in real time! Ann
    Ann

That is the problem that i live in a bubble, the lack of experience sends fear down my spine, i almost cant imagine having a girlfriend with a life, and it has to do with this complex built around my head creating an endless labyrinth...

I like the way you put the process, i had done it so that i could get an idea and i was shell shocked that an idea i loved turned out to be an all so common idea that makes me uncomfortable..

So now i should go for it despite me seeing her as out of my league because i identify her as socially more capable than me?

Frak, why do i keep seeing my self as so smart and well placed and then this flurry of bullshit reigns over, ahahaha ffs. And i always try to make a logical excuse that can man sense but it doesnt really help, i guess i have to go out of this bubble, but how can i as this is easier said than done?...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are psyching yourself out of a chance before you even get started. Just contact her and find out *in the real world* if she is someone you'd like to get to know and vice-versa. Good luck.

Frak?? lol... yep, pop the bubble, Starbuck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Whatname: I hope you go get some therapy for this. Sometimes we can't overcome challenges by ourselves. You deserve a life with pals and a love. But given what you are currently doing, you have created impediments that probably can't be overcome using your own resources. The only way that most people overcome their fears is by walking through them. Then they usually learn that their fear wasn't as potent as they thought it was. Get some counseling! Ann
    Ann