+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did my panicking ruin my relationship for good?

Did my panicking ruin my relationship for good?

Hi!

My boyfriend and I broke up after two and a half years together at the end of January because of my over the top overreacting and how I handle things sometimes. It started out as a break but I panicked and it turned into a break up. I kept calling and texting non stop, sometimes sending hundreds of text messages in a day and a few times calling 65-300 times in one night. Then I would go three days or so without calling him n then break and he would talk to me a bit and we would be ok, but then I would start to panic again and the cycle would start. This has been going on for 11 weeks. Finally, the last time I panicked, he ignored me all together for three weeks and the one day I really panicked and started calling crazy, he threatened to block my number. I panicked that time because I got a clue that he might have a new girlfriend.

The other day i told him i was robbed at gunpoint and he finally broke the silence and showed concerned and even said that he would try to find some money to send me (we're jobless college seniors). Then yesterday, after calling around 25 times, he finally answered and was very annoyed. I was just trying to ask why he had been ignoring me and treating me coldly and why he wouldnt answer my question about whether or not he had a girlfriend. He told me that the girlfriend situation was none of my business, and that its over and all but whispered for me to move on. I'm pretty sure that they're talking though, but I don't understand because shes in another state and they havent seen each other in person in the past 3 years. When i asked if thats what he wanted me to do he hesitated and said yea pretty low. I told him he wasnt even being a friend and he said its because his other friends dont call 65 times in one night.

I have cried and apologized. I even sent two small gifts, one for valentines day n one just because over the past 11 weeks. We're in two different states for school but are from the same city. We were already in school when we started, so most of our relationship has been long distance. I miss him so much and he is being so cold and distant and he keeps threatening to block my number if I keep calling like crazy. I know he told me to move on, even though he all but whispered it, but did I really ruin my chances of fixing this by trying to fix it too early?

I only called 300x once, and he actually talked to me again after that. I've called between 65-100x about 4-5 times. Other times, I would not exceed 30. I know that's still way too much, but I still wanted to clarify. Also, he seems to be really into this girl, but I'm confused because they go to school in different states. How could he leave our long distance relationship and jump into that one with someone he hasn't seen in 3 years?

We will be home for summer in a few weeks, do you think he will come around if I just fall off the face of the earth for awhile? We were so in love. Planned our wedding, named our children, went on vacation, he even rode the greyhound 15 hours there and 15 hours back to come see me several times. He's not perfect but he's really a good person, and I didn't mean to mess things up and push things to this point. Will he ever come back around? I already feel crazy, so please, don't be so harsh.

LOL, nice try troll.

what in heaven's name does that mean?