+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My ex gf's friend bloodied me but I walked away, did I do the right thing?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    In all actuality, that was more rhetoric than reality. In all likelihood, I wouldn't hit anybody back that hit me, man or woman... but I'd not be more or less likely to do it based on their gender. I just loathe the concept that because they possess a vagina and ovaries instead of testicles and a penis it makes them magically immune to retaliation - it's a special privilege I don't subscribe to.
    I remember being in highschool and this boy offended me. So I slapped him. And he slapped me back. Neither of us injured the other - it was more about shock factor.

I'm glad he slapped me back - it shocked me into realising that my actions were unacceptable. The fact that I was a girl and he was a boy didn't come into it.....he was simply giving back what I dished out.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I remember being in highschool and this boy offended me. So I slapped him. And he slapped me back. Neither of us injured the other - it was more about shock factor.

I'm glad he slapped me back - it shocked me into realising that my actions were unacceptable. The fact that I was a girl and he was a boy didn't come into it.....he was simply giving back what I dished out.
    I hope you didn't become his friend afterwards. Though it was wrong of you, he was wrong too for stooping to your level.

Honestly I have more respect for those that are actually the bigger person and can walk away from lame hits that aren't life threatening (and hopefully report it) and you end up looking like the stupid person than those with the ''Now, I'll teach you a lesson, expect to get it back'' black knight mentality.

Since you are really into exact equality do you agree with the ambassador's actions at:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/07/rodrigo-riofrio-video-supermarket-fight-ecuador-ambassador-peru_n_3228291.html
    Last edited by BlueMoonSal; 09-05-13 at 08:38 AM.

I'm glad he slapped me back.
    Ofcourse you was. You deserved it. Women like reasonable force.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Women like reasonable force.
    Overgeneralisation. I hate black knights.

You deserve a slap !

You deserve a slap !
    Go ahead I'll kick you. I ain't bestowing to you. I'll do what I didn't do to my father whenever he would hit my mother for the ''Oh she's talking too much and said foul things to me'' reason. Definitely not self-defense. Though the latest she did was finally get an a pan and she said ''Go ahead you coward, hit me and I'll slam this in your head'' and he didn't do anything.

I'm not backing down bastard. I hate black knights like you. At least my ex bf knew better than to hit me or cheat. That's why I was with him longer. I hate men that have to use physical force in order to get us to listen to them. There are other ways around. Aggressive in a man is a complete turn-off for me.

It makes sense. They don't like women who sleep around. Well I don't like men that hit.
    Last edited by BlueMoonSal; 09-05-13 at 07:37 PM.

I feel sorry that your father hit weaker beings than him, BlueMoon. Hope you will forgive him one day.

Ussualy when emotionaly abused or disrespected I turn my back and walk away untill things come down. Or rise my voice spontaneously for few seconds which is enought to make silence.
    Using hands is not an answer cause it creates fear and pain which leads to hate. I never do that.
    But when touched or hit in unlikely way then person deserves punishment regardles of gender.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoonSal View Post
    I hope you didn't become his friend afterwards. Though it was wrong of you, he was wrong too for stooping to your level.
    We were casual friends before the incident and I stayed as casual friends with him. To shun him for doing what I did would make me a hypocrite.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I feel sorry that your father hit weaker beings than him, BlueMoon. Hope you will forgive him one day.
    Yes, the only man I can forgive (but never forgot; I'm willing to bet if it was with another guy he was having a beef with... he would immediately find other ways and not jump right away into getting physical nor yell ''Shut up'') otherwise I'm generally not another one of those forgiving women that accepts garbage (besides abuse, cheating is a deal-breaker too). I'm happy she responded back and actually never forgave him completely at all; I'd just learned she might have cheated on him once as revenge for that (he knows but didn't do anything..don't think he has much to complain about). Ironically he wasn't physically abusive towards me.

Seems there are lots of different views on this that it's hard telling who is right. My ex bf had similar views as the OP and would have only acted in complete self-defense as a last resort if all the options don't work out but not as ''I'll teach you a lesson now'' response. He once told me about this ''bear hug'' position he would try if in a hypothetical situation if a girl tried fighting him. True, his grip would have already been enough. In our wrestling play, I couldn't escape his grip.

We were casual friends before the incident and I stayed as casual friends with him. To shun him for doing what I did would make me a hypocrite.
    I guess I have this same reaction as when women sleep around and most men are disgusted by it immediately (even though some of them are menwhores themselves).... and don't even want to consider her as a gf nor even wife material. Same with me on aggressive tendency in a man. If he wants to remain me what he's capable of doing ''If this and that'', I'm out.
    Last edited by BlueMoonSal; 10-05-13 at 07:43 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567