+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can someone forget you

Can someone forget you

Can someone you used to talk to most days just forget about you even though you were good friends for a while? Can she forget that you exist because shes in a happy relationship? Or will she always think about you from time to time. Seems as though i have been wiped from her memory

this made me smile thats why i decided to write. yes. i cud give you a list as long as my arm the number of girls thats i dont speak to anymore. yh its sad. i was very good friends with this girl wen i was 22. we sort of stopped talking. i dont know how old you are but i can only give you what iv learnt from my experience. People come and go. its sad but thats life.

Only if she has amnesia or has other factors that can contribute to memory loss (excessive drinking, drug use). For better or worse you never forget about the past girls/guys in your life. You can be in a happy relationship and still remember those times from the good and the bad. It is only human nature to do so. Remembering a person might make you appreciate who you have even more (like I do) but at the end of the day, yeah you still remember them.

Ppl come and go in life. I've had friends in highschool that I don't talk to anymore because we've gone desperate paths..doesn't mean I will completely forget about them. When something triggers a certain person or memory, ppl usually will "remember"! It's not rocket science lol. Perhaps this girl remembers you, but doesn't care enough to call or write.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    friends in highschool that I don't talk to anymore because we've gone desperate paths..
    Cute little auto correct fail
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Not totally. You may enter their mind once in a while but I doubt if they will totally forget about you. Just don't expect them to contact you whenever they remember you.
    "She'll hate you like poison, and love you like mad."

No, I don't think so. My BF (as in *best friend*) from when I was little betrayed me and basically threw me away like so much used Kleenex, but I still remember the good times we had together. I just don't talk to her anymore. Or even want to.
    Oh, the drama XD I'm often told I can be a drama queen. Makes me a better story writer Suffice it to say she ditched me because I'm two years younger than she is and she thought that meant we couldn't be friends. LOL
    Be the change you wish to see in the world -

Burn the page for me
    I cannot erase the time of sleep
    I cannot be loved so set me free
    I cannot deliver your love or caress your soul...

De ce vrei sa inveti Romana?

OP, if you had asked me this question the other day, I would have said answered with some variation of yes. But...you asked me today. So, I will say no and explain why.

I think that the only way someone can truly forget about you entirely is if they never cared at all. But if they actually had feelings for you- even just friendship...then they would never forget about you. Especially if you were close to a relationship. I've tried once to forget someone exists who I care about, and it almost worked despite the rare occasions I thought about him. In the end, I was reminded again and again that he exists. When I first joined this site, it was to try to help people and also obtain advice about a man I'm friends with who I've been complicated with even though I loved him. Long story short, on his birthday in February, he entered a relationship behind my back when we had already had plans to go on a date. I thought he never cared at all- that our entire friendship was a hoax. I thought he forgot. However, I just found out today that he still considers me a friend- that when it comes down to it, he does still care. I guess that's all I need to believe you can't. Someone else may feel differently, though. :S

Hope that answers your question.