+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Physically disabled and in relationship with a girl.

Physically disabled and in relationship with a girl.

I am a physically disabled person and have been in a relationship with a girl since 5 years. After my accident, doctors assured that I would get better with physiotherapy and so I went ahead with the relationship 5 years ago. But, now after 5 years I walk on crutches and there is no possibility of getting better. My girlfriend loves me dearly and I love her too. Two or three boys have expressed their feelings for her, since our relationship began but she rejected all because she loves me and wants to be with me. Moreover, her parents won't allow her to get married to me so the chances of being together is quite low. So, now I feel that I am holding her back in moving on with life and she deserves someone better. Should I break up with her and let her go? I know it will be difficult at first but maybe with time she will find someone who can keep her really happy.

Please help to get out of the situation.
    Last edited by michealb; 04-05-13 at 12:57 AM.

Dont give up hope on yourself. Be patient and keep fighting. Also let yourself be happy dont be an idiot. If you drop her its would be the same as locking yourslef out of heaven. You will never forgive yourself that. If shes with you that means thats what she wants and its her choice shes and adult. The negative emotions will come from parents so you dont have to be worried about that, just be happy as long as it lasts and dont question love so it might last forever. Cruches is much better than wheelchair so be happy about that.

Here is some inspiring videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=1BZmuz88KEY

I like this russian song

youtube.com/watch?v=xZ-oqsUrJ6w
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Thanks for the advice. I try to keep on fighting but sometimes feel real low.

What do you mean her parents wont let her marry you? It should be her decision. Have you discussed this with her?

I think you have low self-esteem. Do not push her away. Its her decision and you cannot make it for her. Do you love her? Do you want her in your life? 5 years is a long time and I dont think she would waste that much time if she couldnt see a future with you.

Have you discussed marriage, kids and the future with her? Have you told her how you feel and said your worried that you may be holding her back? She probably does not see it that way.

I dont think you should end a happy relationship just because you have a fear that it wont work out anyway. Propose to her instead and see what happens

Mate
    she loves you
    you love her
    that is all that matters
    fk every one else and what they think
    unless you can tell me a good reason that makes you think you are holding her back when she chooses to be with you then i shall speak other wise
    until then you gotta fight for her man
    you got to stand up and raise your fists and say NO. FK YOU! she is your woman and you her man. (please excuse the pun)
    it is up to her to feel like you are holding her back.e
    maybe you should bring this up with her?