+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How to message a girl of interest and former good friend..

Oh, so you haven't set a date... well, I'd say don't contact her again for at least 10 days, then PM her with something like "how about tomorrow at ___ ?"

She also gave me her number, too, forgot to mention. But yeah, I agree that it's not a date. Still, no objections using the "I have a boyfriend" reason...
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Okay, so text her to set the date, rather than PM her on facebook.

Okey doke. Thanks!
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

No problem hope it goes well!

invite her to an event or something where you're going with a bunch of people keep doing that until you get her to say yes and see if she'll bring a 'date' if she does she can introduce you to him

OK, so finally I texted her and her first reply was pretty enthusiastic. She used numerous emoticons in our brief text chat to set up a meet for Thursday. Now I am treating it as catching up but is there any chance this is actually a date and my overanalyzing, misinterpreting mind is mislabeling it a "meet" when it is actually a date?

If you never used the word "date" then it's not a date. When you see her, greet her with a hug (she is an old good friend after all), open the door for her... nothing more until you find out whether she's single.

i would suggest knock her on FB, like others said about the intro, try to talk about things you done with her, make a topic to discuss should help
    “Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.”

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    If you never used the word "date" then it's not a date. When you see her, greet her with a hug (she is an old good friend after all), open the door for her... nothing more until you find out whether she's single.
    Cool. Will do.

New plan: Besides meeting this girl and trying to get a date with her, I want to ask another good friend if she can set up a blind date for me. How would I do it and is it a good idea? I just want to try anything and everything. I am super desperate now. Going on 23 which means being young for only maybe 2 more years...so depressing. Need to live now before it's too late.

Sure it's a good idea :-). Just contact her the way you usually contact her and say something like "Hey can you set me up on a date with someone? Think of it as a birthday present :-P!"... if you're good friends it should work, I don't see why it shouldn't. Provided she knows someone who is available.

And we're going to be young at least until we're 30, don't worry ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    New plan: Besides meeting this girl and trying to get a date with her, I want to ask another good friend if she can set up a blind date for me. How would I do it and is it a good idea? I just want to try anything and everything. I am super desperate now. Going on 23 which means being young for only maybe 2 more years...so depressing. Need to live now before it's too late.
    Dude! You are sad. Lol

^..well yeah, needless to say..

So...when I go for trying to set up a date and she inevitably makes up or actually has a boyfriend or contrives some other excuse, how exactly do I politely accept that?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast