+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend left her facebook open...I got curious..

My girlfriend left her facebook open...I got curious..

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a couple months now and she is the first girlfriend that I've dated that has mostly guy friends. I'm still getting used to this whole new relationship and accepting the fact that she has guy friends in which she talks to and hangs out with when Im not around.. but she left her facebook open when she went to work and I got curious...

So I went through her messages and found a conversation with a guy I was kind of worried about. Despite many other conversations with her other guy friends. This one stood out because they seem to talk a lot via facebook messanger and he's always "liking" commenting on her statuses. The conversation didn't seem too flirty or anything but she talks to this kid a lot and has told me before he's just a friend. But I kinda feel like he's a plan B if we don't work out because the way she talks to him is the same way she talked to me when we first started chatting. She did mention in the conversation that she had a wonderful time hanging out with him when her and her coworkers (him and others) went to a baseball game.

I don't know whether to bring it up with her or let it go because obviously I shouldn't be snooping but I'm not really happy nor am I mad about the situation. She says she loves me all the time and always wants to spend time with me which is most of the time and has assured me all the guys she talks to are just friends and nothing more but I just feel weird... I need some advice thank you!

Same thing happened to me once. She said it was because she wasn't getting attention from me and it made her feel undesireable. And i believed her. It was true. Maybe it's the same thing in your case? Why would she go for plan B if everything was alright and you were her first choice? If you're not giving her the attention she needs or something, think of it as a warning sign.

you dont trust her and you dont like her having all these guy friends so dump her

Geez you're a tool.

I give her plenty of attention, I'm at her house everynight because she asks me to sleep over... but when she's at work (desk job) she talks to this kid. She did mention to him in the conversation when we first started dating that she found someone (me) and that I'm a really nice guy. He congratulated her, but they still talk a ton after all that... mostly about stupid random stuff like work.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Geez you're a tool.
    Thanks! Great advice

Lol, stupid random stuff like work. Great quote.
    If they didn't flirt or anything, you have nothing to worry about. That's my opinion. Especially via facebook.

lalalita Guest
    I think confronting her with this is going to open up a giant can of worms. If you have no problems in your relationship, and she really is just talking to this guy as a friend, I could see that quickly changing if she gets pissed off that you snooped - especially if this guy is a "plan b" and she reacts defensively (ie: getting overly pissed about it and acting like you just killed a member of her family)

If you didn't find any blatant flirting, I'd say just hold onto this information and keep your guard up.

Thank you for that helpful response

Women can sense insecurity a mile away so if you want to be with this girl, don't EVER bring up the fact you snoop into her private life and PLEASE get over this insecurity you're having

So what if she talks to people who happen to be male? Stop thinking like a guy....girls can have make friends and keep the love thing out of it.