+ Follow This Topic

Thread: four weeks after dating He goes Cold and things were going very well

four weeks after dating He goes Cold and things were going very well

Hello Everyone (apologies new to this site and posted to wrong forum at first)

I have been dating someone for about four weeks. During that time we saw eachother about 1-2 times a week because of work and we live about an hour apart. We text and called one another about 15-30 times daily. Things did move along very fast and thats something I personally dont like but sometimes these things feel so out of control. The relationship became both sexual and a bit emotional ofcourse from my end at least. There was more though,we went out, liked the same places, the same interested in food,music activiities. Everyone just seemed right. It didnt feel rushed and from the impression I got He was comfortable . WE are attracted to one another like crazy and the chemistry is wonderful. however I noticed him pulling away a bit . He would go hot and cold with me and this was a little confusing. WE didnt have a talk or anything and the last time we spoke things were good,but I decided that maybe he needed space. I did not text or call him for three days, guess what surprise or no surprise HE didnt text or call me. DURING THOSE THREE DAYS I MISSED HIM LIKE CRAZY it was so hard not knowing why we were having this break but I just knew it needed to be done as he seemed distant lately. Well Today after reading about 1,000 do's or don't on the internet about dating I finally sent him a simple text "hey how are you" I didnt act needy, clingy or desperate. I never said I missed him. He text me back right away "been good, what are you up to" and we exchanged about 4-5 texts. Nothing sexual or romantic just friendly. IM confused. Whats going on. Do you think I still have a chance? . Honest and serious answers please.

i ALSO want to add that when I contacted him today he acted cool,calm like he didnt just ignore me for the past 3 days. NOW YES I ignored him too but you have to understand that I did it because I felt him pulling away and wanted to give him space. It just seemed like he didnt care almost. He did get back right away,ask how my day was, how my week was and what I was up too so maybe I am thinking too deep into things. I just dont know. My gut feeling says I may have been used.

but did he ask to meet up with you again?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

He did not yet. He was at work and still texting me back so I really feel that if he Still wants to see me he will text this evening and ask.

and I mean see me this weekend ofcourse ........because normally we made plans for the weekend a couple days in advance

Good luck...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

He didn't get comfortable, he got bored. Be careful assuming chemistry and connection is a two way street after a few weeks of dating.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

This is not how a guy acts when he's into a girl. I'll make it logical.

1: You sensed he was pulling away. At this point, you could have been either right/wrong; our intuition is not always 100%.
    2: You ceased contact for 3 days in order to 'test' whether your intuition was right. Good thinking.
    3: If you had been wrong, he would have texted you as per usual, or the next day...
    4: You weren't wrong, he didn't text at all until you did - if you hadn't instigated the communication, would he have? Doesn't seem like it.

You live an hour away...you only see each other on weekends...it's possible he has someone else or whatever, who knows. One thing I do know if that people don't just cut communication for no reason, even if they're busy. And if he needs 'space' after only 4 weeks AND considering you two don't see each other all that often...well, that's a bad sign.

Let it go, cut contact. See what he does. His response (or non-response) should answer any lingering questions you might have.

well everyone just for the record HE did not even try to contact me and I havent tried either since that last text. I do plan on moving on and know there is better out there

This is what happens 9 times out of 10 when internet dating. One or the other does the fade. That's why is very important to get to know the guy/girl before becoming sexual if you actually want to keep your number down as well as form something of substance. Of course if you're just out to rack em up, then carry on.

Yes, there is better out there but you don't have to screw your way through everyone in 50 mile radius to find him. Ya know whatimsayin?

Listen you don't need to preach to me about screwing people , you know nothing about my sexual history previous to this . You are disgusting for assuming that . I came here for advice not to be judged and criticized miss perfect. How dare you even assume I screw everyone within a 50 mile radius ? I'd that what you do ? I'm obviously on this forum because this is a first for me and that is such wrong and extremely disgusting assumption you would make. Don't come on here and give people advice when you are such a closed minded pompous that is not a people person !

Cool your indignant jets, Bambie. I didn't mean to imply that your going through dates and sexual partners like baseball players go throught chewing tobacco. I simply meant that in future make sure you know who the eff you're doing and if they at least like you enough to stick around or you WILL indeed rack up your numbers and you'll still be as single as you are right now as as we speak.

... Simma down now ya'll