+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing hard to get?

Playing hard to get?

I already wrote about this guy. But never mind.
    Am I a fool? I met this guy a month ago, we exchanged numbers. Blah blah. We couldnt meet, then he got injured.
    He always initiated contact untill his accident, he was really enthusiastic about me. Accident happened 5 days after I met him, then we kept contact once a week by me asking how he is.
    Anyway las week he started to initiate contact, it was alll some stupid talk.
    So 2 days ago I just asked him out. I got tired abotlut this situation.
    He was really enthusiasic about it, but he said he cant go, because he was visiting his nephews in an hour.
    I didnt even think it was suposed to be immediately in an hour or so. He asked me when I am free? I told him that I am on a vacation in the next couple of days.
    He is not so awesome that i am waiting like a freak just for him, but I would like to see him.
    He didnt contact me in last two days. Not a big deal, but I am thinking that he is messing around with me. Maybe because I seemed a bit cold and boring lately, that is why i asked him out to show him how i am still interested.
    I just dont know what to do when he asks me out. Turn him down and pretend that I am busy, to see if he is really interested or just go with it and accept it.
    Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Two days, no invitation? Is he playing hard to get or he just doesnt know how to get rd of me?

You're an idiot. He asked when you're free and you told him that you are not free, and did not suggest a time when you would be.

For his sake, I hope he has already decided you're a lunatic and is avoiding you and the drama you are going to bring.

I told him that i am free in the next couples of days because i am on hollidays! And said no worries about today, enjoy!

He didnt exactly asked me when I was free to book a meeting. He asked me how long am I on hollidays. Thats the difference.
    Last edited by joannabegood; 17-05-13 at 05:32 AM.

Well, you might want to change your wording to reflect that as we can't read your mind.

....lol.....

Lol, sorry. Guess I am an idiot because i gave hom a good amount of time to get the balls to ask me out if he is interested! I will see. My basic question was how many days should i let him have? The amount of days of my hollidays?
    And if he doesnt take a chance to blow him off saying i am busy now?
    I know i am asking stupid questions. The questios above are things i will probably do.
    Is my plan too biitchy? Or i will show him that he had a chance and blew it in a nice way.

Joanna, I think you shouldn't contact him again. The ball's in his court now. If he contacts you and asks you out, I don't think you should "play hard to get". Playing any type of games is never a good idea. If you want to go out with him, go out with him.

If he doesn't contact you, you'll know he isn't interested.
    Last edited by Over The Fence; 23-05-13 at 12:49 PM.

So...its been 8 days and nothing! I dont know what is wrong with him. We never really set the date it was more of a friendly hangout, but never mind, he always wanted to meet me.
    I have a question am i freaking out for a reason or not? I think 8 days is a long period, if he was interested he would of invited me by today already, right?
    I mean no mather how someone has a demanding job or how he works all the time during the week. Even if he was out of town during weekend with his friends, if he was into me, he would of asked me out by far. Right?
    I just dont understand his reaction when he replied in a 10 secs. He was so enthusiastic and he really apologiylzed and even asked me how long i am staying here.
    Dammit i dont understand men, he was always the one who was interested more into us to hang out, I think i should move on...

IGNORE. HIM. FROM. NOW. ON. He's a fooking flake. Any guy worth having would have taken the opportunity to go out with a girl that was obviously interested in him even if he thought it was just to get a leg over and nothing more. He's not interested, he's gay or he's otherwise involved with someone else. PERIOD. NEXT the girly man and forget he exists.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Do not contact him again. If he is interested, he will ask you out. If you dont hear from him in the next 3 days, forget him completely and move on. He sounds dodgy and my gut is saying he is playing games. Dont play along

Yes, i think he might be a bit gay and i dont need that.
    I just dont get him, 10 days ago he says he was thinking about me, so he texts And i know he recovered and that he is well. Then this enthusiasm. I dont know why he even replied so fast at all, he shouldnt do anything.
    I really tried and showed him i care for him, maybe only as a friend, idk but that doesnt matter. What mattters is that he could of met me and saduce me. Lol.

So, you think i should give him a chance untill this sunday? Hm....I could do that. But i think thats max!
    Maybe he did find someone else, but i dont think he'd text me then that he was thinking about me.
    I will back off, i am not stupid. The thing is that guys always pursue me and i never waited so long. If i did waited i really didnt care so much so i woi would just turn them down. I just like this one and i thought it could be something more by time. We really conected on the higer level. God dammit he knows my secrets and about my last guy how he f...me up, it was just some sexual romance, but nothing of this turned him down. Untill now. When i asked him out!
    I hate when they just change so sudden on me. Mostly i am then one thats runs away.
    He is playing games, he has someone else, or he is just gay and a wuss.
    So i guess by your comments 8 days is pretty long

follow your instincts. if it feels wrong, it prob is so forget him

Quote Originally Posted by joannabegood View Post
    Yes, i think he might be a bit gay and i dont need that.
    I just dont get him, 10 days ago he says he was thinking about me, so he texts And i know he recovered and that he is well. Then this enthusiasm. I dont know why he even replied so fast at all, he shouldnt do anything.
    I really tried and showed him i care for him, maybe only as a friend, idk but that doesnt matter. What mattters is that he could of met me and saduce me. Lol.

So, you think i should give him a chance untill this sunday? Hm....I could do that. But i think thats max!
    Maybe he did find someone else, but i dont think he'd text me then that he was thinking about me.
    I will back off, i am not stupid. The thing is that guys always pursue me and i never waited so long. If i did waited i really didnt care so much so i woi would just turn them down. I just like this one and i thought it could be something more by time. We really conected on the higer level. God dammit he knows my secrets and about my last guy how he f...me up, it was just some sexual romance, but nothing of this turned him down. Untill now. When i asked him out!
    I hate when they just change so sudden on me. Mostly i am then one thats runs away.
    He is playing games, he has someone else, or he is just gay and a wuss.
    So i guess by your comments 8 days is pretty long
    Ignore him and get on with your life. If he contacts you again tell him you're not interested in a "chat buddy." Don't day another thing and then forget about him. Why are you chasing him? Is it because you didn't get a chance to ditch him since that's what you normally do?.. or so you say.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

In my experience, European guys are very forward - if they want you, they'll make it annoyingly obvious. Maybe that's just been my experience but regardless, in any country/culture, he's not that into you. Whatever he's playing it, forget about him. If he texts and asks you out, fine. If not, he can shove it and you should move on happily.

Contact him one more time, set a time and date, and don't talk to him until then. Make him want you more and wonder about you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast