+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not coming off as clingy

Not coming off as clingy

Sometimes I feel I come off as clingy but I try not to. Such as last night when I left my girlfriend, I just wanted to sit and talk and we did. I'm not going to see her the next two days due to our work so I kissed her good bye more than usual and told her love you more than usual. Like In my mind, it's me just saying to her "I'll miss you" though part of me worries she might think I was being a bit cling. Now I will say this. We do see each other alot, but we also have our own time. We also do not text every second of the day we aren't together.

So I just worry that sometimes I come off as clingy when I'm not.

Women, what to you is clingy?

if shes really into you-she wont find you clingy at all as long as your not ocd with her. id say relax and dont worry about it.

the only guys ive found clingy were the ones i wasnt into and trying to get rid of

lalalita Guest
    I like attentive men. I like hearing from my man consistantly through out the day, especially if we aren't able to see eachother. There's nothing wrong with being "clingy" if you're with a like minded person. If you both like spendings lots of time together and texting throughout the day, I wouldn't worry about it. I think the problem only arises when one person is more "independent" than the other.

I was with a man for many years who made me feel like I was the human embodiment of "clingy". We had very different ideas of how much time and effort should be spent on a partner. If I didn't reach out and text him, I would only hear from him maybe 2 or 3 times a day. Seeing eachother once or twice a week was enough for him. It made me miserable and whenever I tried to talk to him about it, it would change for a few weeks and go back...we were just different.

I'm now with a man who may honestly be even more "clingly" than I am (and I love it!) He loves being in 24/7 contact and, if our work schedules allowed it, he'd spend all his free time with me.

Everybody is different and I think you'll be able to tell if you're desire to be close to her is bothering her.

If things are good with your relationship then why are you worrying about it? It sounds like you have a good balance of attention and having space.

Why you stressin? If you two are happy with each other, then what's the prob? You are probAbly a romantic and there is nothing wrong with that. She fell in love with you didn't she? So she must like that quality about you. Be yourself. There are problems when you are trying to pretend to be someone you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    Why you stressin? If you two are happy with each other, then what's the prob? You are probAbly a romantic and there is nothing wrong with that. She fell in love with you didn't she? So she must like that quality about you. Be yourself. There are problems when you are trying to pretend to be someone you are not.
    YEs we are doing well, but I Worry I might come on to strong at times and push her away or annoy her. Like at times I can be insecure but only at random times, not like every day

if your not together that long-its normal in the beginning to feel that way. it takes time to find that comfort zone where you both relax and stop worrying but if your good together-youll get there.

just relax and go with the flow. keep in touch on the days that you cant see each other. theres nothing wrong with a few texts or a phonecall throughout the day. as long as you dont text her constantly when shes busy-youll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    if your not together that long-its normal in the beginning to feel that way. it takes time to find that comfort zone where you both relax and stop worrying but if your good together-youll get there.

just relax and go with the flow. keep in touch on the days that you cant see each other. theres nothing wrong with a few texts or a phonecall throughout the day. as long as you dont text her constantly when shes busy-youll be fine.

yea I don't text her all the time. i mean i don't get mad or upset if a guy talks to her.

im pretty laid back

alot of my nervousness has to do with my ex. that was a bad relationship

sometimes i come off as insecure but im working on it which she knows

also..like i felt needy because i said well i close wednesday and thursday so i likely wont see you unless we do something in the afternoon

is that needy?

Quote Originally Posted by matty53 View Post
    YEs we are doing well, but I Worry I might come on to strong at times and push her away or annoy her. Like at times I can be insecure but only at random times, not like every day
    You are worrying too much about what's the norm or what is socially acceptable in your society etc. Forget about those MTV movies on dating lots and partying and hooking up while you are young and playing "hard to get" etc. and enjoy what you have. My hubby is a romantic type. We met, we liked each other and he showed me he liked me without all those BS games that young ppl seem to like to play. If he wanted to call me and hang out with me, he asked me. If I felt like seeing him I would say so, if I didn't I would say so. We are all adults and if your gf didn't feel like talking on the phone with you or hanging out with you when you ask her, she would let you know. The fact that she hasn't shrugged you off yet means a lot. Cherish that. Now get outta here and enjoy

meloveulongtime Guest
    Theres no such as too clingy when you love someone. I wish He would kiss me more and tell me he misses me.

Quote Originally Posted by meloveulongtime View Post
    Theres no such as too clingy when you love someone. I wish He would kiss me more and tell me he misses me.
    To each their own. Great compatibility is a miracle. When you think about it, it is really quite rare to find someone who hits almost every aspect of your checklist. For one person clingy ness is a fault, to another it is a necessity.

It's normal to want to spend a lot of time with someone when you're in a relationship, or to want to kiss them for a while. Clingy is more about being insecure and not leaving the person alone even when they want space. If you're nervous that you're becoming annoying at any time, just tell her to let you know if she wants to be left alone. If she's not saying or giving off signals, though, then you're probably fine.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy