+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's in her mind?

What's in her mind?

I met her a month ago. I was very attracted to her from the first sight. Somehow I could hang out with her several times, I don't know if I could consider as several dates. I cooked for her for dinner once, we watched movies together twice, and also had coffee and lunch together sometimes. We went out together and went back together. I met her quite often. Only 2 of us in every time. As talking with her, it turned out she already has a boyfriend, he is in Japan, not here in the UK (we are both oversea students). After she told me she has a boyfriend (not on any purpose, just in a normal conversation), we still hung out.We had eye contact a lot, every time I looked at her eyes, she looked back, without saying a word, we looked into each other's eyes for minutes. I could even feel her looking at me even when I turned away, I know because many times I looked for her, she were already looking at me. I thought she has feeling for me, like I do. I've felt for her. The day she came back to Japan, I gave her a letter, confessed everything with the hope she would feel the same. But she told me she is still in love with her boyfriend (they fight a lot and he is a type of guy who likes controlling his girlfriend, she said he's getting better so she wants to keep this relationship) and she just wants to be my friend. So I was wrong, but still don't understand. Why did she look at me like that? Why did she say yes every time I asked her out? The way she looked at me, was not the way someone looks at his/her friend. What was in her mind? Now she's already been in Japan for 2 weeks, after the letter, we haven't talked. I really want to, but I know I shouldn't. I still have feeling for her, it's killing me every day. She will come back to the U.K in few days, but before she comes back, I will have already left to my home country. We're not gonna see each other again until September.
    Please tell me what went wrong, please explain to me what happened. I don't understand. I miss her.

mlh is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Nothing went wrong besides she entertained a flirtation and started kindling a fire for a romance that she knew she was never going to light. I'm not saying she is bad person but she probably got lonely and started hanging out with you and started to like you WAY more than she intended too. She probably does have feeling for you (gained them by accident), but she will not express them when she has a boyfriend. You will have to respect that as hard as it is. Yes it REALLY sucks that she kept stringing you along and y'all started to like each other, when all along nothing was going to come of it. She is not going to cheat or leave her boyfriend because she already would have while she was there with you. She clearly said that it was going no where because she is staying with her boyfriend. I think you should move on or you are in for an emotional roller coaster.

I mean even if she did leave her man for you then you would have to deal with the baggage she brings from the old relationship and she may flip-flop back to him, leaving you in love and lost. Do not try and contact her because it will only hurt you more. She will probably ignore it or maybe tell her boyfriend, which will start trouble. And even if she did respond saying she cared for you would that be enough for you even though she is with another guy? If anything just wait and if she comes back in September single and reaches out to you then you may start something. But my best advice would be to move on because you are only lingering in agony right now and it's probably all for nothing since she wont ever be yours

whats in any girls mind? nobody knows

thank you for your reply. It kinda hurts as you said but I am ready to move on now.