+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Complicated.

Complicated.

I just saw this site and decided to sign up since I'm not doing anything.

I'm single and I'm confident that I'm happy; however, there are times that I feel alone, and it's not a very good feeling.. I'm actually not brokenhearted, me and my ex broke up 3 years ago. He was actually my first, and my last so far.

Most of my friends are telling me I'm the most complicated person. I'm the type of girl who changes mood in split seconds. I don't mingle well with other people as well. I'm used to putting up walls for myself because I don't know how to treat other people.. I'm actually scared of being rejected.

I'm not sure if anyone here will understand, but there, I just wanted to share

sometimes you just have to take a risk and let your guard down. Ask yourself would you rather be "safe and miserable" or "vulnerable and happy". Plus if you do get hurt or rejected-so what? You will survive, life goes on. Youll pick yourself up and dust yourself off and try again

Life is too short, stop wasting it
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Yea. I just don't know how to change myself. It's so hard.

believe me i get how you feel. Being vulnerable scares the s**t out of me too. I hated dating, meeting someone new, full of anxiety, trying to suss him out, figure out if hes trustworthy or not, over analyzing, pushing people away. It may help you to become friends with a guy first or at least get to know him from a distance before allowing yourself to get too close. It helps

And you just need to believe that you are strong enough to get through whatever life throws at you. Even if someone rips your heart out-time heals everything.
    Last edited by michelle23; 29-06-13 at 10:00 PM.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I agree with Michelle. I'll be honest that I pull up walls too at times. I guess the best way is to just put yourself out there; force yourself to confess to the person how you feel and about things in your life. Take an interest in them, and don't hold back. In the end, even if it fails, at least you'll be able to say you gave it your all. Remind yourself that walls keep people apart.