+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i was rude on the phone?!

i was rude on the phone?!

i was on the phone for over an hour today talking to my girlfriend. my mother came over because she had to pick something up and she wanted to talk to me about something. I told my girlfriend "Hey i gotta go, my mom is here and she is gonna pick up that thing" My gf said "oh shes there now?" I said "yes, so ill talk to you later" she said "ok " and we said love you and bye

now 3 hours later she says "You were rude when you got off the phone"

excuse me? how was i rude. my mom was here. i wasnt gonna stay on the phone when i was talking to my mom. thats just rude. i told my gf, i wasnt being rude at all but she doesnt wanna listen

If it went down as you describe, then you weren't rude. Leave your girlfriend hanging until she comes crawling back to you with an apology
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

shes being ridiculous. if im at work and on the phone to bf and a customer comes in i just say ill ring you back in a hurry and hang up. hed never get annoyed even if i forget to call him back. sometimes iv another call coming through and ill just say so and so is ringing ill call you back..

let her get over it on her own drama queen. she will come crawling to you. she cant expect you to leave someone waiting for you while you chat for another half hour to her. that would be rude
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    If it went down as you describe, then you weren't rude. Leave your girlfriend hanging until she comes crawling back to you with an apology
    I agree with you entirely. However, if she does this more often, I would probably have a serious conversation with her and ask if she honestly doesn't see the logic in this. Because if she can't, OP, why in hell should you stick around with her? Life's too short to be wrapped around her finger to the point where it makes you rude to other people just to please her....You see what I'm saying? Look past it this time, but keep it in mind if this starts to become regular behavior for her.