+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crying over a girl - in front of her or on the phone

Crying over a girl - in front of her or on the phone

Is crying about a girl over the phone or in front of her a total no no?

I would say that I am a very emotional guy - ie., I cried in "the Goonies" when Chunk said he would take care of Sloth.

Anyways - she said over the phone that she didn't have much time for me anymore and didn't love me. I cried and started to tell her how much I loved her and that I didn't want to lose her.

You've seen the movies with the iconic figures like Aragorn in Lord of the Rings or Russel Crowe in Gladiator. Maybe they would have cried silently to themselves over a woman, but never in front of them.

In general what do women think of guys that cry in front of them - about them? Is it an absolute no no? Is it weak? Does that give them free reign to walk all over you in the future?
    Last edited by Journey; 12-07-05 at 12:52 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Depends on what and why I'd say.

You crying like that on the phone with her was pretty pathetic I must say.

Not only did you cry though, which really isn't all that bad, it's reasonably understandable, but you were begging her to stay.

I'd call that a no no.

Not an absolute no-no... if she's into you, that is. If she said she doesn't love you anymore and such... I don't think it would help out your cause. And in your situation, I would say yes... it may give her a sign that she could use your attraction to her advantage... if she wanted to and she was ****ed up like that.

Sorry man.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

We've both cried to each other in person and on the phone... though we do it on the phone because we know if we cried in person, we'd really get emotional and totally lose control of ourselves... but yeah, the asking for her back is a no-no. U gotta be strong guy... seriously.

One thing I realized is that when I started seeing my girl, she wasn't exactly at her best and needed some work. The more I encouraged her to be independent and work hard, the more she bought into the ideas... but at the same time, the more I bought into my own ideas too because I needed to shape up to show her a living example for her to follow... otherwise, why bother encouraging her so much if i cannot live up to my own standards? Really, you need to stand up to it and act tall because love is not simply sharing company with another but developing a relationship of trust, faith, and mutual support in terms of emotional/economic/physical support for all those hard times. Because in the end, your mate is going to be the last person you will ever know....
    Make more than just a donation: Volunteer your PC's idle time to fight against cancer! For more, please visit: www.grid.org or ask me how to join my cancer crunching team!

real men cry is all i have to say

hmm that's about the same thing that happened to me a few days ago she has no time for me, doesn't loves me anymore, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Depends on what and why I'd say.

You crying like that on the phone with her was pretty pathetic I must say.

Not only did you cry though, which really isn't all that bad, it's reasonably understandable, but you were begging her to stay.

I'd call that a no no.
    I agree with this post, and I am female. Except the part about crying over the phone, which I would have to witness before calling it pathetic. It may or may not have been pathetic. The begging was definitely a no-no.
    Last edited by shh!; 12-07-05 at 10:19 PM. Reason: clarification

That's tough. I believe real men cry but I also believe it shows weakness that isn't always helpful. I know, however, that sometimes you can't stop yourself. Don't blame yourself for hurting and showing it.... But try not to.

That would depend on whether you're crying out of compassion or out of self-pity.
    Speak less. Say more.

I totally agree with singularity2006. Don't beg her to stay, man. You loved her, she loved you, it's a good thing, tell her to "consider herself free".

When I broke up w/ my ex-bf, he did the same thing as you, in person, not on the phone, which makes me believe I made the right decision. Love and respect yourself first!
    Quote Originally Posted by singularity2006
    We've both cried to each other in person and on the phone... though we do it on the phone because we know if we cried in person, we'd really get emotional and totally lose control of ourselves... but yeah, the asking for her back is a no-no. U gotta be strong guy... seriously.
    "All we have is this moment, right here, right now. The future is just a ****ing concept that we use to avoid being alive today. So, be here now."

Sorry, man. But there are millions of wonderful girls out there, and you only need one of them. Go find her!
    Quote Originally Posted by wishiwassocial
    hmm that's about the same thing that happened to me a few days ago she has no time for me, doesn't loves me anymore, ...
    "All we have is this moment, right here, right now. The future is just a ****ing concept that we use to avoid being alive today. So, be here now."

Yeah, real men cry, but not for some girl and a bad relationship. Nobody is strong forever. Being a girl, I think cring (for other things) is understandable and shows his trust on me. He needs my support and I will be there for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    That's tough. I believe real men cry but I also believe it shows weakness that isn't always helpful. I know, however, that sometimes you can't stop yourself. Don't blame yourself for hurting and showing it.... But try not to.

Tone Guest
    Shed a tear over happy times = okay.

Balling on the phone begging for her not to break up = bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ritehereritenow
    Sorry, man. But there are millions of wonderful girls out there, and you only need one of them. Go find her!
    since when is just one enough

I don't think crying itself is an absolute no no, but it really depends on what the situation is. Crying over the death of a loved one is one thing... it's part of grieving. In the case of self pity, because she doesn't want to be with you, it certainly wont help your situation by crying to her. From her end it would probably sound like groveling, and no one likes whiners who cry because they don't get their way. All I can say is that we live, love, and learn. Don't drag yourself down even further by wallowing in self pity. Sometimes relationships dont work, but we can't control that. You have to pick yourself up and realize that there are far more serious things to cry about in this world than loosing a girlfriend, and eventually if you try, you'll find someone new anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast