+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I have no chance? Ladies please help!

Do I have no chance? Ladies please help!

Hi Ladies,

I have been chatting with a girl, almost everyday, for the past 6 months. I have never met her in person because she lives in a different country but I will meet her soon. I think I have started liking her. I asked her if I could gift her something but she said she's not comfortable with such an idea. She did talk normally afterwards, though! So what is she feeling? How does she see me? Am I in that dreaded " just friend's zone "? Can I still make her fall for me? If I have no chance, I will try to stay away from her because the more I talk to her, the more I will fall for her and the more heart broken I will be.

Any help will be really appreciated!

It is tough to say whether or not you are just friends or she hopes for more based on the info you have given. I was in a long distance relationship with a man that I eventually married. It does happen if both parties are willing to work hard as it is not the easiest type of relationship to maintain. You have nothing to lose in asking her if she would like it to proceed and become an actual relationship. If she says no you should just stop talking to her to save yourself the heartache and severing ties will free up your time so you can find someone else. You may want to wait until you meet her to propose a relationship to her as one or both of you may have a change of heart. The trouble with long distance relationships that start from a distance without the two people knowing each other in the flesh beforehand is that they are all fantasy and the transition to reality can be a bumpy one but it certainly is possible. I wish you luck.
    Last edited by Insomniash; 09-08-13 at 06:10 PM.

I think the whole thing is silly. She lives in a different country.. Whats wrong with local girls?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniash View Post
    It is tough to say whether or not you are just friends or she hopes for more based on the info you have given. I was in a long distance relationship with a man that I eventually married. It does happen if both parties are willing to work hard as it is not the easiest type of relationship to maintain. You have nothing to lose in asking her if she would like it to proceed and become an actual relationship. If she says no you should just stop talking to her to save yourself the heartache and severing ties will free up your time so you can find someone else. You may want to wait until you meet her to propose a relationship to her as one or both of you may have a change of heart. The trouble with long distance relationships that start from a distance without the two people knowing each other in the flesh beforehand is that they are all fantasy and the transition to reality can be a bumpy one but it certainly is possible. I wish you luck.
    Thank you very much! Everything you said is quite meaningful! I will definitely make a move, but as you said, I will do it once I meet her in person!

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I think the whole thing is silly. She lives in a different country.. Whats wrong with local girls?
    Haha.. Seriously, there is no problem with local girls; just that love is crazy, sometimes you fall for your pen pal living thousands of miles away! ( like the movie Euro Trip! )
    Last edited by Iaminlove10; 09-08-13 at 07:10 PM.

But realistically speaking, the chances of you and her having a long term relationship is very slim. Ask yourself are you gonna waste a LOT of time chasing a fantasy or are you gonna cut your losses and meet someone local who you can have a real future with?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

She isn't really a fantasy because she is coming here! But even if I had to run to her country to woo her, I wouldn't have had any problem, I like adventures!
    Last edited by Iaminlove10; 09-08-13 at 07:19 PM.