+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really need some advice on giving my girlfriend space. I'm in a hard place right now.

Really need some advice on giving my girlfriend space. I'm in a hard place right now.

To start with my current girlfriend is Polish/Cuban and I'm English. I live full time in England and she splits her time between Poland and Cuba. I met here when she was working as we're both students and were just working at the same summer job. It was actually her who gave me her number and said she really liked me, so I ended up going on a few dates with her and we started a relationship. I really do feel strongly for this girl and she feels the same way for me too, well felt rather feels. She then goes away to Cuba to visit family for 3 weeks and then returns to Poland to finish her last year of University (both in our last year). The problem is that she is ever so depressed because she misses her family so much. She's told me she's been crying everyday and even been to the Doctor. She doesn't even seem like she wants to be with me anymore and mostly ignores my messages. Being the fool that I am I've been constantly trying to contact her asking about us and whether she is ok. She says she doesn't want to speak or think about us as she misses her family so much. I'm really worried I've ruined it now because I've been constantly trying to talk and it is so damn obvious she doesn't want to. I should have just given her space but I've acted like a clingy fool when it is so terribly obvious she just wants to be left alone for the while.

Ummmm are you sure it's her family she misses and not some BF she has back there?

The reason why I say this is because she has been away from her family before and has been fine I'm guessing. If she is so messed up she needs to see a doctor about it, well it has me questioning it.