+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't want to make his break his plans

Should I be uncomfortable with him breaking his plans for me?

I'm going out this week with a guy I've been dating.

I'm feeling bad though cuz when he phoned to arrange the date, he asked when I was available. There is only one day out of the whole next week I'm available. He said he was going to golf with his brother that night, but that he would pass on that and we'd go out instead.

So, I guess I'm feeling bad that I was inflexible with my plans when he quite willingly is going to cancel his plans to go out with me.

I've since found out that I could actually be available on another night.

Should I try to help him keep his plans with his brother? Maybe its too short notice anyhow or will appear like an afterthought (which, in truth, it is).

I feel badly about that. I don't like to get in the way of a guy with his friends or especially his family.
    Last edited by clynn; 19-07-05 at 03:16 PM. Reason: wordsmithing

yea i'd suggest you try and catch him before it's too late for him to keep the plans with his brother. if he's willing to open his agenda for you you should do the same. common courtesy.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

Yea, of course you should let him know about your new availability. Don't feel bad that he was willing to cancel his plans, just remember that he did. It seems women often forget the little things nice guys do and don't realize what they have.

Well, I'll talk with him tonight to confirm our plans for tomorrow. Hopefully that isn't too late to let him rearrange things to go out with his brother if he wants.

If so, I guess I'll make a point of thanking him and recognizing him making the change. Maybe? Don't want to threaten his masculinity or anything.

Thanks.

I talked with him tonight and suggested we could work something out for another nite since he'd alread made plans with his brother.

He said it was no problem, his brother hasn't even phoned him yet to confirm anything so probably he just meant next week and besides its no big deal.

He wants to go out with me.

Tee, hee!!!!