+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How easy is it to find a girlfriend?

How easy is it to find a girlfriend?

Sorry for the seemingly cliché question, but I will explain my situation and hope to get good advices.

Although I am not in any kind of rush or hurry to have a girlfriend, in the last days I have felt the desire to give myself a chance to have one in the near future. Still, while I look for ways to meet potential partners, trying two known dating sites, it discourages me tremendously how hard it is.

There are some classical difficulties when meeting a potential girlfriend in my case:

1. Currently in a relationship. This is the most common barrier, and as I age it becomes more difficult.
    2. Several turn-offs I can't control. Large tattoos, smoking, physically unattractive and way too worried about partying and drinking. I mean I know these are not universal turn-offs and are not real reasons to discard them but I just can't control it, I don't like tattoos, smokers, drunkards or unattractive women (although not very attractive either) it would be hypocrite from my part to "give them a chance"... I know I will not feel happy and the point of a relationship is that we are not unhappy.
    3. The sexual component always present, it is all like there cannot be romance these days without freaking sex. I know sex itself is not bad but why does the relationship has to be so physical? (i mentioned this in my first post).

As years have passed I have come to become more flexible in certain situations but these are way too powerful, I know I also have my things and I prefer to wait but just how difficult it can be to meet someone that I could say is a good candidate?

Your first point is slightly unclear. Are you saying that you are already in a relationship and that is an obstacle to finding a girlfriend? If so, try doing things in the proper order: end your current relationship and then go looking for a new girlfriend. Doing it the other way around is unfair to everybody.

As for the other two points, you should try going to church regularly to meet the women who are likely to share your values. Many christian churches sponsor singles groups for their flock.

Aside from those classical difficulties, it comes down to standards. The higher your standards, the fewer women that you will find acceptable. Fewer suitable women means that your odds of success are significantly worse.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I think he means that it is difficult to find women who isn't already in a relationship and it becomes more difficult as he age.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

I know it is harder as standards are increased but being too flexible means bigger risk of ending up with someone who could make a person even unhappier than being single. I am not a religious person anymore, and I am not very trusty of most Christians anymore. My situation is way complicated this why I cannot let go of the possibility of permanent celibacy

If your situation is so complicated that you think you can't find a girl, then we can't accurately advise you without knowing the hurdles you face. Tell us what's going on and we can help you further.

Also, how old are you?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post

Aside from those classical difficulties, it comes down to standards. The higher your standards, the fewer women that you will find acceptable. Fewer suitable women means that your odds of success are significantly worse.
    I have to agree. I have no problem getting girlfriends - provided they have a pulse and most of their own teeth it's fine for me.