+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have I been replaced?

Have I been replaced?

I take a lot of value of being a valued individual in a group of people I enjoy, love and can grow with in college. Last year I hung out with 5 guys and a girl and we were our own little clique. With one guy we got kind of close, messed around a little bit (just kissing), cuddle buddied up, spent late nights together, physically comfortable with each other, which was nice. Now after all the guys left except him (for different reasons and a couple commute). And now the group is majority girls (5 girls 3 guys) and one girl he cuddles with all the time, physically gets close with, gives her special permissions only I had (touching his hair, braiding it, piggyback rides, some other things he just never lets anyone do except me). She has a boyfriend, btw. The cuddling deal didn't bother me; I'm pretty busy with my major's huge projects. Not only does he cuddle but he practically lives in her dorm room. -_- It wasn't until one night when we all hung out and he ignored me on the physical level while we were laying in the same bed, 3 people. I guess I'm pretty jealous, but it wasn't until last night did I notice why and it was because I feel like I've been replaced. She's the new "Black girl." Even when we are in the same room, I feel like he doesn't care. He'll invite me over, then only pay attention to her. I don't understand. This feeling really hurts to the point I don't want to hang out with any of them until I'm reminded why I like him. So have I been replaced? What do I do if I have because I don't know how to show him I'd like to still hang out when all he does is hangout with her all hours of the day (a bit of an exaggeration, btw).

You two were not dating. He can do what he wants. He was never tied down to you. Just going to have to deal with the jealous issues. Have you told him that you are jealous? Do you want him to pay attention to you? Sounds like you have strong feelings there.

It sounds like a couple of thigns... One, he did have feelings for you but he didn't say anything and thought of you only as a friend(But I don't think this was the case). Or two he likes giving woman love and attention. Three, he does have feelings for the new girl but since you were the only girl in the group of friends first he gave you all the attention.

But that's my opinion. And I am not sure of myself on what's going on. So just wait to see if someone else posts something.