+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex Flatmate (also a friend) & Hubby

Ex Flatmate (also a friend) & Hubby

Okkkaayyy
    So I had a flat mate, now married and with my hubby.
    My flatmate and I lived together for 2 years and we were pretty close gossiping about everything.. Boys, relationships etc.
    She was so nice to me but had all these guy issues (None of my business, her life).

Before getting married, I dated my hubby for about 2 years and introduced him to her. We all became a big bunch a mates which was pretty awesome until she started flirting? with my hubby back when we were dating.
    She would text him heappps (and not really to me - not expecting it), do that touchy feely thing. She is a really nice, outgoing chick and I guess it might just be her personality but I didn't feel comfortable about it for some odd reason...

After this one text - asking him something where that question actually belonged to a friend of ours (member of the bunch), I just texted her back using his phone 'If she (that friend) has a question, i'm pretty sure she can ask herself. You don't have to really put through that effort'
    She replied 'Oh hey (me), sure. But don't get me wrong.. you are just being sensitive and you're taking it the wrong way.'
    Don't know why she said that. Did I say it to obviously or was it her natural instinct? I literally said nothing about how I felt and I dont think my text was so obvious...Not sure...

Whenever us friends all caught up for drinks and go out we would all just chill and have fun but for some reason whenever she talks she ONLY has eye contact with my hubby as though everyone else is not involved and its just them two having a chat. Everyone else felt the same way... its just weird.
    She obviously knows I don't feel comfortable since she sent that text explaining herself but I feel she is just trying harder to show it?...

Oh and this one time... Us friends all caught up and were sitting at a cafe when her guy friend? some random guy came along and proposed to her infront of all of us... we were all shocked (didn;t know who this guy was came out of no where), but she was shocked the most and didn't know how to react. The first thing she did was look at my hubby and tried to calm herself telling the guy she isn't ready etc. thought of him as a friend etc. while continuously looking at my hubby at the same time.
    Just found that also a little weird :S

---------- Up to this point, my hubby and I were still bf.gf-----

After getting married, she seemed to of taken a step back but still has that weird chemistry, eye-ing him only w that weird smile going on (haha sorry hard to explain that face)... My hubby knows how I feel and he loves me heaps and told me that it doesn't matter what she does. I know he is right and I shouldn't be so sensitive about it but I just can't ignore it...

I am still keeping in contact with her all because I like her as a friend and we have that group of friends going on.. Don't want many awkward moments so havent told her until now how I felt or didn't even show it...

Whatever... it doesn't really bother me anymore but have always been curious about this whole thing- always wondered if she did have a thing for my hubz.
    Actually! I am bothered...confused... CURIOUS the most! Is she really a friend?? If she really had/has feelings

What are your thoughts towards this? How do you feel? Advice/opinions/thoughts please !!!
    Last edited by essy; 23-10-13 at 11:29 AM.

Well the only way to know would be to ask her.....you're married to him now, so whatever did happen in the past is IN THE PAST. Move on and who cares....be grateful that someone thinks he's hot and how lucky you are to have him.