+ Follow This Topic

Thread: falling for muslim girl

falling for muslim girl

i am a non-muslim female and i'm interested in a muslim friend (who is also female). as i understand it dating itself is unacceptable within her religion, and same-sex dating is completely out of the question. however, my friend has made it clear that she is a supporter of equal rights/gay marriage etc. etc. i know this does not make her gay herself..i have wondered if her parents are to credit for her liberal values or if they are strictly self-made, which may be something to ask before revealing anything else? would it be completely insensitive for me to tell her how i feel if her parents do share the same opinion on gay marriage? the islamic community around here is very gossipy from what i hear, so even if her immediate family is accepting, i doubt it would benefit their reputation... i don't know. i have been struggling with this problem for about a year now. it seems that the most pragmatic answer is to let this continue as the friendship that it currently is.

i'm not totally sure what she identifies with as far as sexual orientation goes nor do i know if she is aware of my own sexual orientation. anyways i am wondering if it is worth it to tell her how i feel or if i should i just try to keep things as they are.

I think you got to have open conversation with her. That will serve two purpose.
    It will clear your mind, conscience etc and secondly it will help you to figure out what's going on in the girl's mind.
    I know it is difficult for you. But sometimes you cannot go anywhere without taking chances.
    So please go for having an open ant matured discussion before coming to any conclusion.

Good luck!!
    Romancing with life