+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Falling for a girl but is a long risk

Falling for a girl but is a long risk

So I am falling (maybe even fallen) for a girl I met a while back through on-line dating. We met and had one of the best nights of both our lives and constantly dream back to that day. At the time I didn't feel ready for a relationship, especially a long distance one. So sadly I said that we could only be friends but kept in contact. She seen a couple other people but they just used her for sex and just weren't what she was looking for.

We've talked pretty much everyday for the last couple months and she truly is one of a kind and I really really like her, the other L word springs to mind but its too soon to make that leap. We both know we are right for each other but the problem is we are separated by 350 miles :/ There is another small thing, I hate myself for feeling this way, but she's not exactly the best looking. Don't get me wrong she is by no means ugly. She actually has one of the best bodies I have ever seen but she sometimes gets depressed and while some cut their wrists she plucks her eyebrows so she pretty much doesn't have any. Be this as it may she has the most beautiful personality and the is a truly amazing perfect caring person that could make any guy happy and make a remarkable girlfriend.

We had a talk a couple nights ago about if we were to try a long distance relationship and talked theoretically for a while. We discussed when we would properly be together and how. She said that she would have to finish her school course until 2015 which is a long time then she would have to work to build up enough money to move up to Scotland so maybe end of 2015 or start of 2016 before we could be a proper couple which is a long time :/

We are planning to meet up for another "trip" in February and decide what to do then, if we should try a relationship or stay friends. Any advice or opinions on this?

Long distance is a waste of bloody time. Why on earth would you bother - no women where you live?

Why do you think its a waste of time? No decent girls as of yet, none like her anyway. She is just... perfect for me that's the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo View Post
    Why do you think its a waste of time? No decent girls as of yet, none like her anyway. She is just... perfect for me that's the thing.
    Look mate, she's 350 miles away. You'll hardly ever get to spend time together, the travelling with cost a fortune and you'll both end up frustrated. So why put yourself through all that shite. Find somebody locally that you can actually get time to spend with. If you can't find somebody locally then a it of deep self examination might be in order to explain why not.

She may seem perfect for you precisely because she is so far away. It's much easier to ignore what you don't like about someone when you don't see each other every day. Personally, I would just be friends. Long distance is too hard and most likely will end in heart break. Keep yourself open to meeting girls closer to where you live. Don't close yourself off. Someone will come along.