+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boredom or comfort

Boredom or comfort

When do you know if its boredom or just the honeymoon stage being over? We are long distance and im just confused as to whether im bored or comfortable. I like him but the fact that he hasnt said i love you after almost a year of being together makes me want to just call it a day and move on. He constantly tells me he is excited to see me because im coming home in 10 days and that im important to him etc etc. he has also really been trying to amp up the communication cause i mentioned i had a huge problem with how little we spoke. I also have trust issues and while he hasnt done anything ive been cheated on in the past. His friends who i am friends with say hed never cheat and he doesnt cheat but i just dont know. Maybe im just going ghrough a negative phase but i miss the butterflies and the wanting to impress each other and the going out. Im over just sitting at home and watching tv and being with his friends and family every moment we are together. What do i do?

Have you guys talked about a future together?

Does that excite you?

The best thing to do is to talk to him when he gets home. Suggest that you want to do more things together - alone. You need to spend time together anyway if you have been apart for long periods of time. People and relationships change. The only way to know if you still love him is to spend time with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Go4it View Post
    The only way to know if you still love him is to spend time with him.
    Excellent advice. Except they can't because they're in a LDR. I suppose your solution for an overweight paraplegic who wants to lose weight is jogging?

... lolzzzzz ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Spend time together when you come home to him. If it still feels the same as before when you were apart, I'd say get out of the relationship...because staying would only hurt him more.