+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend says I am needy, we are moving too fast, and she is now unsure

My girlfriend says I am needy, we are moving too fast, and she is now unsure

My girlfriend and I have been together for 4 months now and everything seems to be fine until the last couple of days. We haven't been texting much for the past few days and I feel that she has been acting distant. We met up two days ago and she told me that we have been texting each other too much (we used to text everyday throughout and everything was fine) and she feels that I am needy which makes her feel restricted.

Then she suddenly told me that she has been thinking alot for the past few days and is now unsure of us because we are moving too fast. She also did mentioned something along the line like she doesnt want me to affect my personal goals just because of her. So i asked her how she felt about me currently and she said that she still likes me but she is unsure if its really love. And I told her that I really really do cherish this a lot and dont wish give this up so easily. I said that y not give each other some time to think about it and work this out together and she agreed.

I havent been texting for the past day but i am really saddened and broken hearted by what she said but I really cherish her alot.

Any advice? =(

be patient. The worst thing you can do here is get upset and start texting her like crazy. Give her the space to make her own decision, if you don't, you'll be your own worst enemy.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Stop initiating contact with her. Go out with your friends and act like you are single.

Kind of hard to break contact and just go out with friends when someone is thinking of their main squeeze all the time.

Worst case scenario is she completely lost interest. In that case, start looking for a new G/F. It sounds like she quit giving a damn. Being so, if you find another G/F, it isn't gonna upset her much. If it does, then tell her, "I thought you didn't want to be together when you said "...moving too fast".

For those who do date a few people at once, yes there is that "main" one who is most interesting but the others can at least distract and ease the thoughts of lonely, wanting to be together etc.

Look, you were able to find and date her, you are able to find and date another, maybe even upgrade.

If she is asking you to back off, do it. If you smother her, she'll run. If you give her space, she might come back or at least it will be a bit easier when she leaves all together.

Like Backuporgetstng said go out and do something. Stay busy.

I think of my girl all damn day. Oh my god it kills me sometimes. But I never worry about how she feels or what she's up to. Hell, I don't even text her (which she recently commented on). I just make sure whenever I see her I give her 100% me and when I ask her out se continues to say yes so I am doing something right.