+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice on break-up

Need advice on break-up

Hello everyone, first off I want to say Merry Christmas, I hope everyone is enjoying their day. My ex-girlfriend and I broke up about three months ago. We were together for two and a half years, shes currently 22, and I am 20. For the first six months, our relationship was great. We were both in love, and I didnt think things could go bad. After that six month mark, she became very needy, and did not give me the space I wanted. Basically her world revolved around me. She wanted to spend time with me or stay at home depressed, thinking about how we wernt spending time together. I rebelled, started ignoring her phone called and treated her pretty badly at times. When we fought I would rather just ignore the situation and pretend everything was okay the next day. She lied to me a couple of times, and I began to lose trust in her but it was not that big of a deal.

After we broke up, the situation switched. She told me that she was going through a lot and she needed to love herself before she can love someone again. She told me that she wanted me to be there for her and support her and eventually we can get back together. She stopped calling and texting me as much as she used to and I started to become very needy because I missed what I got from her. The first month was terrible, I dropped out of all my classes in school and started slacking at work. I eventually found out she slept with one of her coworkers two days after we broke up. When I found out, I asked her how many times they had sex and she said more than once. I asked her if they were still having sex and she said she does not feel comfortable answering that question. Now, three months later I feel like I have the situation more under control, but she still has the upper hand. We have tried to completely cut eachother off multiple times, both of us, but in the end one of us comes running back to the other. We have not gone over three days of not talking to eachother. As of right now we see eachother at least two times a week. She just lost her car so I usually will pick her up and spend the night at her place and then give her a ride to work in the morning. Sometimes i feel like she uses me but when were together its like we're boyfriend and girlfriend. She shows me so much love and attention that it just feels right to me. We still do have sex whether is oral or intercourse. However, about a week ago, I had sex with my ex-girlfriend. I do not feel guilty for doing this because of what she did to me. It was not a way of getting back at her, but a way of easing my mind and helping me to not think about her and what she is doing as much. Basically I am posting this because I want to know what I should do from now on. Even through all this, I want to get her back and be with her. I know deep inside that I can put everything behind me and move forward with her. How should I be acting to make her come back to me? Do i tell her that i had sex with my ex-girlfriend? When shes not with me, she always says shes with her sister, but due to my trust issues, I do not believe her sometimes, but sometimes I do. She has been very secretive with her life, and I notice her actions with her phone that seems a little fishy. She always keeps it with her and makes sure that I do not see it at all. I know this guy, her co-worker texts her because iv seen his name on her phone.
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Ignore her. Keep banging your ex-ex girlfriend, and other girls too. Keep banging your recent ex, but don't be emotional with her. Don't cuddle or pillowtalk or any of that. **** her, turn over, go to sleep. You need to start actually looking for another girl, so she realizes you're not waiting for her. She'll be all over you.

I wouldn't tell her you had sex with your ex. U guys were broken up so it's not really her business and only causes weird feelings and is non productive. Honestly I really don't see how this relationship can work out. U guys are competitive with who shows more attention. U play games and u suck at communication. U both sound a bit immature to make this relationship work

Well I know I'm willing to give it my all but shes just not cooperating. I always tell her communication is key but she doesnt contact me for two,three days at a time. Then she will kill me like everything is okay and be very excited to see me. I just want to know how to act around her to make her want me. Do I keep doing all the things that I was doing when I was in a relationship with her? Do I keep telling her I love her and hold her when she wants me to? If not, what do I say when she asks me why I am acting differently? She keeps telling me she just needs time but sometimes i think its BS. I dont want to be stuck in a situation like this but I know if i get that second chance, things can be great again.