+ Follow This Topic

Thread: acting like were committed but wont say it

acting like were committed but wont say it

I have been seeing this man for 6 months and there is not a thing we disagree on. We have the deepest meaningful conversations. He has introduced me to everyone he knows in the area and we spend EVERYDAY together. We see each other all the time and have recently started not sleeping apart. We have discussed the current status of our relationship quite often. I have laid out that i would like to be in a relationship and spoken my peace. He says that he really cares for me and sees us getting there but the feeling has to be right. What i don't get is we are pretty much already in a relationship, nothing really would change. We both hold the same values in the future and have the same path. We have discussed how good we are for each other. He doesn't use me, i cook but he will clean, ill stop at the store he will insist on giving me money. and Im usually the driving force behind sex. So i dont think im giving him the girlfriend experience and he is abusing it. When it comes down to it the only thing he will not do is say "the G word". i dont think its fear of commitment, he is a long term relationship guy from his dating history. He is not religious but very spiritual and kinda monkish. I already feel as if I might Love him. I know its only 6 months but the amount of time we have spent and how much we have talked I have very strong feelings toward him. I need advice on how i should approach this. Im not sure if he is stinging me along or if i need to just be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by 1207lady View Post
    When it comes down to it the only thing he will not do is say "the G word".
    Sounds to me like you're getting all worried about a word. Because apart from the word 'girlfriend' it sounds like you are in a relationship so what are you worrying about?

Feeling has to be right? What the hell does that mean? Tell him you're not on the same page and you really would like to be. Ask him what his statement means? It's too vague

So basically he flat out is not committing to you?
    Last edited by surfhb2; 28-12-13 at 12:09 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is his way of not being responsible for hurting you if/when he leaves for greener pastures. He enjoys you for now, but will leave when he feels like it, and then say something stupid about hurting you, like "well, we weren't in a relationship".

And yes, you are already IN a relationship; it's just not the kind you want.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?