+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Which best explains my 'friends' behaviour?

Which best explains my 'friends' behaviour?

I have a dilemma with a friend of mine. We get on v well, are attracted & care for one another. We've flirted in the past & said things that show we see one another as more than just friends who care for one another. Things have got a little difficult between us & we are keeping our distance. I believe that there are two possible scenarios that would explain what position he is in & how he sees me. I've listed these scenarios in the hope that you will look at one/both & express how you would react in this situation to help me determine which scenario his particular behaviour is more likened to: (he is aware that my marriage is unhappy & that I want to be with him).

Scenario 1: he is v attracted to me & has a strong connection with me but is already settled & not in the place to start something new but would love to just have sex with me, nothing more.

Scenario 2: he has become v close to me & has strong feelings. However, he is in a long term serious relationship with someone else who he loves.

In one/both scenarios, how would you react to the friend who has expressed deep feelings for you?

Many thanks

It really depends on the friend.

My wife's my (female) best friend. Was long before I got a shot at her.

If she was married I would encourage her to repair her marriage and be a supportive friend even if I did want to get with her honoring the sanctity of marriage is more important than getting laid. If he is a friend then maybe that is why he is keeping his distance, he is being a friend. Unhappy marriage or not, you are married and I wouldn't touch you at all for any reason. I suggest you either repair your marriage or get the divorce before you start sleeping around... You married the guy you now call your husband for a reason, remember that reason and get it together. People are all to willing to drop a marriage, a relationship of any kind takes work to keep it going and keep it alive.