+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm in love but she has moved away

I'm in love but she has moved away

Hey I'm male and I have lately started to become friends with a girl at school we would sit next to each other, talk and generally really get on. I then found out she was moving to Cambodia on the Christmas holidays. I was a bit sad at first but it isn't until now she is gone that I realise I have strong feeling for her and I now realise I really REALLY love her as I am even starting to dream about her. What should I do?

She'll move away and fall in love with someone else who she shouldn't be with, get really screwed up in life and all strung out, and then you'll think about her from time to time 20 years from now wandering what could have been. And some day, after she has been divorced about 3 or 5 times, all her illegitimate children are grown with broken, bastardized families of their own, she'll move back to her home town where you are now and be completely alone. And she'll think about you for just a moment, and she'll wonder what might have been. But by that time, you'll be old enough to retire.

That's not a fantasy, that's reality. That isn't what might happen, that's what's going to happen and there's nothing you can do about it so don't even worry about it.

Oh, and one more thing: you'll never find anyone to replace her either. And you will learn that all your love, all your emotions, and all your yearnings for the love of a woman was grand waste of your time and energy that has left you empty and alone.

That's what women do. That's what women are. Concentrate on your career, because I can tell you that is all women are going to be concentrating on today...the greedy, self-absorbed witches from hell they are.

You must begin to kill your feelings for women to save yourself and be productive in life. The best thing to think about a woman is nothing at all. Fall in love with a tree before you fall in love with a woman. The tree will still be there in 20 years and be far stronger and a lot more faithful.
    Last edited by anastasis; 06-01-14 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix3636 View Post
    Hey I'm male and I have lately started to become friends with a girl at school we would sit next to each other, talk and generally really get on. I then found out she was moving to Cambodia on the Christmas holidays. I was a bit sad at first but it isn't until now she is gone that I realise I have strong feeling for her and I now realise I really REALLY love her as I am even starting to dream about her. What should I do?
    You're just infatuated. Are you able to move to Cambodia? No, because you're just a kid. Let it go.

Move on. I'm sorry. It wasn't meant to be.

I understand what you are all saying and that I should just let it go but my feelings are really strong and I really think I love her. And a reason I'm really torn is because I never got to show her how I feel and I probably just appear a friend to her as I never got to tell her.

I understand what you are all saying and that I should just let it go but my feelings are really strong and I really think I love her. And a reason I'm really torn is because I never got to show her how I feel and I probably just appear a friend to her as I never got to tell her.
    Who cares. She's gone. Get over it. You sound like a 5 year old. "I think I really love her' - oh dear god, you barely knew her. Get a bloody grip.

Don't be "friends" with girls before you've established that you want one another as romantic partners. Then as you date one another, you will become friends then. That way, you'll save yourself from falling onto a chicks friend ladder never to be moved over to the potential ladder. Google "ladder theory" and read what I'm talking about.

To get over this one, start flirting with another one but don't be her buddy/pal/male girlfriend.

Now, do get a grip.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion