+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think my gf is less intelligent than me and sometimes I’m bored, but I love her. Wh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tech and engineering are still dominated by men, but medicine is now female-dominated (and medicine IS a scientific field).
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    University enrollment doesn't mean shit. If it did, you would still have to look at the STEM(science, tech,engineering,medicine) enrollment to see where the leaders are going to come from..check female enrollment in those programs.

Like I said, it doesn't even matter, look at all these bums with degrees waiting tables, living with their parents.

I do think women will continue to have more prominent roles, and I think it's a good thing.
    Someone with a good tech degree isn't likely waiting tables because there are no jobs....that's for sure

I think women should run government .....that would be a plus

Females can advance in future but they still gona be few thousand years behind. Althought if you look in history there was Cleopatra and few Queens so you cant say they didnt had a chance.

I think females are better in medicine because they are natural healers and they have mother feelings and hormones for it. So woman 100% can be more than man 100% when it comes to medicine. Infact I knew some girls who boobs heal.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 09-01-14 at 11:59 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Tech and engineering are still dominated by men, but medicine is now female-dominated (and medicine IS a scientific field).
    I'm not the one who coined the term, STEM, so you can take that up with the education industry/cartel. As far as women dominating medicine, I'd like to see some stratified statistics. What is the ratio of female to male surgeons and physicians as opposed to caregivers? I don't really care either way, I just want the best doc I can get, man or woman, but I just doubt females are dominating the medical field at the top ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Someone with a good tech degree isn't likely waiting tables because there are no jobs
    Someone with good tech skills isn't likely waiting tables. I've passed on several candidates with Master's in Info Systems, because they can't actually do anything.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not the one who coined the term, STEM, so you can take that up with the education industry/cartel. As far as women dominating medicine, I'd like to see some stratified statistics. What is the ratio of female to male surgeons and physicians as opposed to caregivers? I don't really care either way, I just want the best doc I can get, man or woman, but I just doubt females are dominating the medical field at the top ranks.
    Did you forget already? We were talking about male vs female in university, studying for these fields. Women outnumber men in many areas, including law, medicine, and certain branches of science (biology, for example). The statistics are readily available via google.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Found this year's enrollment stats for med school. 53% male, 47% female. The statistics were readily available..did you bother looking at them before posting?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Did you forget already? We were talking about male vs female in university, studying for these fields. Women outnumber men in many areas, including law, medicine, and certain branches of science (biology, for example). The statistics are readily available via google.
    This is quite true. And the reason it is quite true is because there are so many more handout programs for women than there are for men today.

Women at times can have extremely high IQs. They can excel in medicine and even in engineering. Many have been very able mathematicians. However, what they do not excel at is invention. Invention is a spark that is beyond IQ. Invention approaches the realm of genius. And IQ has little to do with genius. Genius is a fire of creativity. And when we arrive at these mountain peaks, men reign supreme. A woman may exceed a man in all learning and knowledge whatsoever, but what it is doubtful that she will ever exceed him in is the fire of invention.

Therefore, if one is attempting to build a secular new world order, it is best to empower women to be the maintainers of the proverbial machine, weaken those male elements that are unwanted by the controlling elite, and then run the world by a secretitive oligarchy of male controllers. In such a formula, one allows the Whore of Babylon to have all the pomp and circumstance, but also to never forget that she rides atop the Beast, and therefrom comes her power.

The formula is quite simple and pertains to the averse elements of the parabola of nature, so it is easy to see and manipulate if one wishes to rectify the situation. It's simply a mathematical eventuality from cause to effect.
    Last edited by anastasis; 09-01-14 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hbellamy View Post
    I’m 21 she’s 19. She’s studying medicine and I’m studying electrical engineering. We’re together for 16 months, the last 4 months we’re in some kind of long distance relationship coz she started college in a city 3 hours from me. I can honestly say that I love her very much and we’ve had very happy moments. She’s a wonderful girl, kind, caring, knows how to love. I’m sure she loves me with all her heart, she’s proven it many times. I don’t know if I have the syndrome “the grass is greener on the other side” but I can’t help the feeling that she’s intellectually inferior to me and sometimes we just don’t have anything to talk about. For instance, she’s religious (not too much) and I’m kind of agnostic. We’ve had some little fights over faith and religion, for instance, yesterday was the Orthodox Christmas and I refused to do some fasting and I said that I think that religion overall is nonsense and she got a little mad at me and we had some argument over religion. The problem is that I offer arguments and evidence and she’s just saying that I’m not right and that nothing good comes from talking like that, and that’s it… I can’t have an intellectual conversation with her and that bothers me a little.

Other thing, I’m really interested in science especially physics and she thinks that’s boring. She had a physics class at college and when I tried to explain her some things she just doesn’t get it and she cries… I don’t blame her about it coz it’s really difficult and she didn’t have physics in high school like I did.

Also, I really like technology and I’m kind of an audiophile and I like talking about headphones and speakers but she just doesn’t get me and thinks it’s boring… Whenever I talk about it I only get “nice” or “cool” as a response… Also I like fantasy and sci-fi but she doesn’t. Last summer she started reading Harry Potter books because of me but she stopped coz she started college and didn’t have very much time. We have good time together, we laugh and she’s really grown on me, but most of the time we only talk about ordinary everyday things like college or similar and it gets boring… And now since we are on a long distance and we see each other every other weekend we mostly talk on the phone and sometimes it gets a little dull.

I’m not sure if she lacks knowledge or lacks intelligence or curiosity and desire to learn… Or maybe she’s too preoccupied with college (medicine is really hard) coz she tries really hard to have good grades… She doesn’t have any hobby or interest but she says she doesn’t have any time to read a book or to do something else because she’s too busy studying…

She has a really good personality , but she’s really naïve and she trusts people too much…
    But besides all of this, I still love her very very much and I just can’t break up… I imagine how’d I feel if I never see her again and I feel very sad… Also she loves me very much and she’s very happy when she sees me. I don’t wanna loose her, she’s my main source of happiness the last 16 months, before I met her I was kinda depressed. We're very very attached, sometimes just the thought of us breaking up and never seeing her again is making tears in my eyes...

Sometimes I think intelligence is overrated coz once you get married you're not going to be talking about art, philosophy and science and the intellectual conversation attempting to be a deep-thinker gets old pretty fast. If you can laugh together and if she’s a nice person, good mother, loving wife is much preferable than being intellectually stimulated. You need someone to live with, not pontificate with…
    What do you think?
    I think incompatability. She finds your interests as exciting as a wet blanket so the honeymoon phase of your relationship is coming to a soggy end. There is nothing there to emotionally connect with if you both can't share the same passions. When you are this far apart on things, you will not last for the long haul.

Its more like age diference. 21 and 19 is very huge gap at these little numbers. In two years she can become diferent person, its realy enougtht to become mature especialy while living independant life.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 09-01-14 at 11:55 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Ya in 2 years she will want to hit the clubs and have guys hit on her.

She sounds like a normal 19yr old. Sounds like your getting a little stir crazy in this relationship and picking out little things. Sounds like this is who she is , she hasn't changed in the last 16 months right? Idk why your whining about it now.

I think my gf is less intelligent than me and sometimes I’m bored, but I love...

I can't figure out if the OP is genuinely this socially inept or trolling

Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Whining now because the honeymoon period is over, and I don't think it's trolling, OP is just trying his best to express his feelings on the matter the only way he knows how.

Found this year's enrollment stats for med school. 53% male, 47% female. The statistics were readily available..did you bother looking at them before posting?
    Are you looking at America only?

Here's an article about Stats in Canada, dated 2010... what year was your find? Have you a link?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/time-to-lead/part-5-is-affirmative-action-for-men-the-answer-to-enrolment-woes/article4330083/
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

This topic was the OP's only post. I'm going with successful troll.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast