+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Needing a male opinion please.

Needing a male opinion please.

Ok I got one for the guys. A couple weeks ago I ran into a guy I dated 8 yrs ago. I had no intention of dating him again and didn't or so I thought. Well, today I get a text from him telling me that I'm sweet and nice but I'm not his type for a girlfriend and he hoped I wasn't upset. Like I said before I don't call a few five minute calls and some texts dating. So I was a little surprised by this text. Trying to be nice I just said I don't get upset over texts like that. Hope you find whomever she maybe and figured now was just time to dip out and continue to not talk to him. Then he sent a text telling me I could still text and be friends. That annoyed me. Why would I want to be level 99 friend zoned to end up being a text buddy for when he's sitting at home bored? Or worse a booty call? No I didn't sleep with him recently. Also, he's doing all this by text which I find a little immature for his age. So that also put into mind that I don't want to be getting calls from whatever chick he's into because she thinks I'm trying to steal her man. As a result I told him what I thought. Surprise he acted like he was disappointed that I have no interest in that and would rather not talk to him than deal with that. The real question out of all of this. He said himself that I'm not his type. So why would he be disappointed that I don't want to be his text buddy or whatever? Is it that wrong that I would rather disappear for however long than deal with that and then possibly meet someone who doesn't want to friend zone me and have them upset because I'm texting someone I was romantically involved with at one time but have no reason to keep in touch with?

If he's disappointed or not who cares what he wants. Surely what really matters is what you want?

Did you break up with him 8 years ago?

If you did like I think you did, it sounds like he was holding a grudge about it this whole time and trying to hurt you like he was hurt... So, I think he was disappointed your reaction wasn't the one he wanted.

Boisdevie, it's not that I care if its not what he wants. I'm gonna do what I want regardless I just don't get why he cares.

Rowen, I actually didn't break it off with him 8 years ago. I just disappeared and moved on with my life after he ended things.

He's just a guy with delusions of adequacy. Can't imagine that you don't want him, and were pining for him.

Who cares why?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowd View Post
    Rowen, I actually didn't break it off with him 8 years ago. I just disappeared and moved on with my life after he ended things.
    Ah, sounds like an emotional parasite then. You were right to cut him out of your life.