+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did he say I love you then dump me later that day... through TEXT?

Why did he say I love you then dump me later that day... through TEXT?

My ex boyfriend had come to my place to come see me after weeks of not seeing each other. We were a bit distant communicationwise during those 3-4 weeks and we were both pretty excited to see each other, I was and from what he told me...he was too. He "couldn't wait." He ended up sleeping over that night. When he was leaving in the morning he kissed me and said "I love you" and I kinda freaked out so I responded with "what?" and he said "I love you...I've never said that before have I?" I nodded and said "I love you too" but I couldn't even look him in the eyes when I said it. I didn't know what to say. I really like him a lot but I just thought it was a little soon to be saying I love you so I freaked a little. About 4-5 minutes later he texts me "Did not mean to say that. I was feeling nervous and it slipped out." But "I love you" doesn't just slip out, does it? Later that day he texted me and said "I think we should take a break." I asked him why and he said he just wanted to be single again. I then asked him if there was someone else and he said "Well yeah and no." I asked who she was and he said she was and he said he felt that she was "better suited" for his personality. However later on in our discussion, he said he wanted to find someone who was more compatible with his personality. So I don't understand... was he cheating on me or not? It doesn't make sense. Did he break up with me because of how I reacted to him saying I love you? I don't understand. I want him back but I think that's probably an impossibility at this point but at the same time I just want to get over this, I want to be happy again. I've been sad and crying for over a week now. I just don't know how to get over this.

hello friend

You've posted several times recently about his interest in you not being there. Safe to say he is interested in someone else, as he has told you such.

As far as the, I love you, thing he was probably either feeling guilty or just trying it out to see if it felt right.

He probably did mean to say it. I think when he said it and you reacted how you did, that made him think that you didn't feel the same way he did so he just ended it. He was trying to see if he was making the right decision. Your reaction confirmed he was.

I think it's because he's a toxic demon of a man who only suckles on you like some vampire. That's the only reason someone would play shitty games with you the way he did, especially in your other posts about him.

So, here's some cold hard truth. Cut him out of your life. You'll have much more energy and won't feel helpless about him. Sure, it may hurt now knowing you were nothing but a mere toy to him, but it's nothing compared to what he'll put you through in the future.

But of course, this is only my take... Everyone is entitled to their opinions.