+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused on ex girlfriend's intentions currently

Confused on ex girlfriend's intentions currently

We didn't date very long but while we did it was incredible. It was obvious from the start we fell for each other instantly. Unfortunately we moved a little too quick before getting to know each other fully, I got paranoid a little too much about what she was doing when I shouldn't have. After giving me a couple "talks" about how she'd never hurt me, she got tired of feeling like she couldn't be trusted that early into a relationship and ended it.

We've been broken up for three months now. I obviously still care for her and miss her, but it's not in a state of depression. I've talked to other girls, none have really worked out, etc. A few weeks ago she randomly messaged me on facebook, said some apologetic stuff, not about our break up or us, but saying she was sorry for being rude the last time we spoke, even though she wasn't rude at all really. And that she hopes everything is good. I couldn't help thinking it was just an excuse to contact me because the last time we spoke it had been 3 weeks prior and the message she wrote totally could have been avoided. Like, I just saw no point to it really. I didn't really know what to say so I just said "no hard feelings, hope all is well with you." I went on how I had been but her message came just in time for when I was finally not thinking about her. There is no contact besides this, we aren't facebook or instagram "friends" because I had deleted her from both.

Last night is why I'm even posting here. While we dated I bought tickets to see this band I had liked for a very long time and had never seen before, a band she has never heard of prior to me mentioning I bought tickets. I showed her them and she said they were pretty good, wasn't overly excited. I hadn't been thinking about her much lately but last night while I was at the show with friends (it being an hour away from our area) I see her walk in, completely surprising me, because after all she wasn't exactly thrilled about them. It was an actual concert so the show was big and there were a lot of people. She texted me asking if I was there, of course I was so I said yes. She texted me a few more times about random things not really relevant to anything. While the band I came to see started their set, she texted me asking if I was on the floor, I said I was at the stage and 5 minutes later she taps me on the shoulder, all smiles and stayed there the entire show. Everytime I'd turn around I'd see her looking for anybody about to fall/crush her and immediately look back at me. Often out of the corner of my eye I'd turn and see her staring at me, in a complete different direction than anything she could be watching on stage. I find it no coincidence she asked where I was and wiggled through tons of fans jumping around to "end up" directly behind me towards the left side of the stage. I wasn't very friendly to her though and didn't say anything, just acknowledged she was there basically.

Today I just felt the urge to text her and say it was nice seeing her as a more a joke because it was obvious I wasn't being friendly. She said I didn't seem to happy to see her and claimed her ending up behind me was an "accident" which I refuse to believe. But she was nice and asked if I still had her movies and if she could meet with me to get them back. I said I was rarely home and always busy, and she just said that if I remembered, to let her know when I was around. But when we had broken up, she mentioned me just leaving her movies out for her to pick up at her leisure, not get them from me directly like she mentioned now. I kept the conversation going more by asking how she was. She started bringing up stuff to ask me so specific I was surprised she even remembered. Specifically as in she asked if I ever finished the "Fender Jazzmaster/Jaguar" project I was working on when she knows nothing about guitars. And if I sold my Volkswagen Jetta yet that I had as a project. The way I spoke to her was sort of cocky, like I was completely fine with my life (for the most part I am, excluding her popping up at the worst times). I said I was great and hopefully getting a new, higher paying job, and all she had to say was she was "ok" and lost her old job and works with her mom for now.

I feel like I handled it well, that I didn't come off as desperate to speak with her, not even the slightest other than asking how she was. Thing is, I want her back in my life. I literally haven't been happier that I can remember than while we were dating. Yesterday I woke up to a facebook friend request from her; I had deleted her a month or two ago just to avoid seeing her via internet. I accepted but didn't do anything else, just went on my normal business. I posted two things, she liked them both. One being a picture which is nothing I thought twice about but another was a status with very vague lyrics from a Smith's song, not even a full verse. I know she isn't a huge fan of The Smith's so I'm willing to guess she does not know the song, especially being an unpopular one. Regardless I took a look around her profile to see what she's been up to, next to nothing. No guys in question and she's still single. One thing I noticed was last Saturday, the day after she "ran" into me, she posted a song which was a song I had shown her and she liked a lot when we dated. It was a positive feeling definitely. To test the waters today I posted a song, to see if she would "like"...a song we considered "our song" while we were dating. After about 4 hours she did, not surprised. I haven't heard from her via text since last Saturday but I'm sure I will next week when my birthday rolls around. Thing is, my gut keeps nagging me telling me she's trying to reach out to me again. But I also have another part of me saying maybe she just wants to be friends?

Obviously only she knows what she's thinking, but anybody have some advice on what I can do or what to possibly expect based on experience? I have no plans to text her and certainly none to chase her. She reached out to me, so if it's me she wants, she can continue to reach. I would really like to see this work out between us again. Thank you anybody who read this, it was long but I didn't feel comfortable leaving out some details.

I would just wait it out and feel it out some more whether she wants to be your friend or more. Just take things slow, and think of it as if you just met her for the first time. Search for ways to connect with her, interests, hobbies, activities. Basically friendship is so much more relaxing to start with, and you can get to know her better and what her motives and intentions are. Nothing is written in stone, and really the present moment paves the way for your future. So create in the moment what you would like to and keep it positive and simple. Leave the past behind, and make a fresh start. Let go of the expectations of how things should be, ought to be, and allow things to be natural. Don't be in a hurry, but slow down. We are often in a rush to get to a destination, but it is truly the journey and enjoying the moment, instead of stressing yourself out about the future.

Stop posting songs on facebook.

She texted me this morning asking what was up and just carried a normal conversation. I'm taking this as slow as it needs to be and so far I'm being very patient. I'm just afraid things will seem like they're going in a good direction for her to just drop the "we're just friends" deal breaker and that will be it. In all honesty I can't really see her reaching out to me the way she is solely to be end up as friends only, but again who knows. Still patience will be my best friend here.

And BackUpOrGetStng, I will NOT stop posting songs on facebook . I listen to a lot of unsigned bands and post a lot of their songs to get their name out a little more via my friends but occasionally I'll post more popular songs if the mood strikes me, an Alkaline Trio song was one I felt the urge to post and that got my ex's attention.