+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused about his intentions

Confused about his intentions

First off I am new here, so hello everyone!

I am have a few questions for the men on here about a man in my life.

To start off I am 21, he is 28. Neither of us have been married. Neither one of us has had more than two or three serious relationships. We have known each other for a couple of years, but in the last six months or so we have been getting a little closer. We talk/ text almost everyday. We have gone out a few times on outings that I assumed were just friendly. He has invited me over to his family's house to hang out, ride four wheelers, hang out with his family, etc. I get along great with his family. I sat one evening and talked to his mom for almost two hours before I even realized how ling it had been. When we have gone out on what I thought were friendly outings he has always paid my way at dinner, opened doors, pulled out chairs, ordered my drinks for me, etc. When we text/talk he is usually the one to initiate. He seems interested in what I have going on in my life. Our conversations, in person and via text, always flow very smoothly. We talk about all kind of random stuff. There isn't much we haven't talked about. He has opened up to me about his family, his dad dying, past relationships, etc.

I guess that I am just confused about what his intentions are. He is extremely intelligent, has a great job, is responsible, has a great family, is very kind, patient, not superficial at all, and he has his life together. He is everything that I want in a man. The thought has crosses my mind that maybe he just wants to take things slow and i am perfectly ok with that, but how do i know that is what he is thinking? I am fine with being just friends, but I don't want to bring it up because I don't want to risk scaring him away. So do you guys think it is possible that he is into me or just wants to be friends?
    Last edited by Cajunhorse; 05-11-11 at 10:37 AM.

"The thought has crosses my mind that maybe he just wants to take things slow and i am perfectly ok with that" - no you are not, stop the BS.

"but how do i know that is what he is thinking?" - the simplest way would be to ask him.

"but I don't want to bring it up because I don't want to risk scaring him away" - quit the BS you have read somewhere online, like the Rules or Why Men Love Bitches. Start being a real person.

To answer your query: "When we text/talk he is usually the one to initiate." - he is starting to realise you are just not that into him and will bail soon. Unless you up your game, that is.

Thanks for your input!

I agree with Sixpac. Have a candid conversation with him. If you don't you're going to waste a lot of good dating time on him just hoping and wishing and crushing. How about inviting him out to do something with you? (be prepared to pay since you're doing the inviting). If he just wants to be your friend then adjust your sights accordingly by stopping the fantasy you've got going on and open yourself up to meeting other men.

cheers!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thank you for your point of view

These men are telling truth. Listen to them and give us an update.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Lover Boy View Post
    These men are telling truth. Listen to them and give us an update.
    Since I posted this Friday night we have talked and it seems that heis interested. But I don't think that I was wrong for questioning this. He did admit that he was apprehensive about making a move because he has gotten rejected before by other women. We went out last night and he is coming over tonight for dinner. So I am excited!