+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crying in front of girlfriend

crying in front of girlfriend

can it be a horrible thing to cry in front of your girlfriend/wife?

Me and a co worker argued about this today actually

I have been with my girl for 10 months and have cried 3 times in front of her

1)Was possibly getting laid off and I talked to my girlfriend about it and was just frustrating

2)At christmas when she wrote me a really sweet message in a card about how much she cares about me

3)A month ago when I had an anxiety attack because I fell behind on bills due to a car repair

My co worker said never cry in front of a girl but i dont think its bad if its something legit

what you think?

No, it's not bad to cry per-se - I've seen my hubby cry over the death of loved ones or beloved pets.... but three times in a 10 months is a lot of crying. But each girl is different and will have different feelings on the matter. Is your girlfriend fine with it or does she think you're a sook?
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 14-02-14 at 10:12 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

even I don't cry about things like that.......maybe you better get that looked at.

- - - Updated - - -

btw I would have to agree with your friend. ( 3 times already wow ).

There is nothing wrong with crying in front of a girl. It cleanses and heals you, and releases tension and anxiety. Means you are human and not a robot! There is no reason for men to stuff their feelings and emotions away just to please other people. lol I've seen men cry of all age's. Really never made them weak. It showed they had a sensitive side, and normal like the rest of the population on earth.

I feel embarrassed for my boyfriend when he cries. I feel useless because I cannot help. To show or pretend indifference may show I don't feel for him. But he's human. He doesn't hide his feelings. He loves me and hates the 'complications' that prevent us from being together.
    And when I get down, he's always able to lift me back up again. Simply by telling me he's not going anywhere. Our love is strong. But often the difficulties that prevent our being together permanently are overwhelming for us both. Solutions are so distant. Yet we still feel we've come so far in simply staying where we are and NOT giving up.
    It's One Day At A Time. And if I lost him now, I wouldn't be able to breathe. I KNOW beyond all doubts he feels the same.

[QUOTE=ingalls;970531]can it be a horrible thing to cry in front of your girlfriend/wife?

No, absolutely not! Back in those days, they use to say "Men Don't Cry" Because of these words, so many men are shy to open up or show their emotions, because they will be refer to as weak if they do so. Thats why most men are more depressed than women, because they have bottled up for so long and are ashamed to show any of their pain or emotion. And this might also lead to suicidal thoughts.

My ex BF who was an F16 pilot and a commander, the first time we knew he cried up to 2 or 3 times in the first three to four months. I was very happy he was able to open up his feelings and cry it out, instead of holding all the hurt and pain back, because he was told at a younger age that men dont cry.

Whats the different between the feelings of a man and a woman. Its all the same there is no different. Besides men are not robot, they are human and do feel pain or hurt the way we women do.

So let it out, if you have to cry as a man cry, then cry and set yourself free!

Um.... #'s 1 and 3 were probably a bad idea.

But in general, no.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think it's "bad", but I prefer men who are more in control of their emotions.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't think it is I cried in front of my girlfriend when my grandpa died. I don't think it should make a difference when a man cries vs when a woman cries

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    No, it's not bad to cry per-se - I've seen my hubby cry over the death of loved ones or beloved pets.... but three times in a 10 months is a lot of crying
    Right.

I honestly would be like, damn he's a crybaby.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't think it's "bad", but I prefer men who are more in control of their emotions.
    This.

I would also be thinking, how is he going to be my man and pull me together if he so emotional? With my personality, he has to be able to be strong and balance me out. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with men crying but over every little thing? I'm sort of a crybaby believe it or not, but we both cant be. I need that control. If she's okay with it, then you're compatible.
    Last edited by Starnique; 15-02-14 at 06:08 AM.

What the hell?

No. It's perfectly acceptable for someone to cry, regardless of their gender.

The stupidity of this question is exceeded only by the stupidity of every response so far after it. (except HIA's)

i just wanna say 1 and 3 were more frustration than anything else

My answer wasn't stupid. It's my opinion which I thought was the point of a forum. Anyway, in general no there is nothing wrong with men crying. But over EVERY little thing? Crying because you behind on bills over a car repair? 'Shit happens. It's life.

If your girl is cool with it then you're compatible. That's cool.
    Last edited by Starnique; 15-02-14 at 06:18 AM.

I agree #1 and #3 is nothing to cry over. Everyone falls behind on bills....but to cry about it? That would tell me that when times are tough you would be undependable because you are too busy crying about it.....and that would worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I agree #1 and #3 is nothing to cry over. Everyone falls behind on bills....but to cry about it? That would tell me that when times are tough you would be undependable because you are too busy crying about it.....and that would worry me.
    Are you serious? Have you never been really stressed about money, to the point where you weren't sure if you were going to be able to afford rent that month? Ever had to steal toilet paper, or live off ramen?

There are few things that are more stressful and anxiety-provoking. I can imagine someone really feeling like it cuts deep into their value as a person. Crying is perfectly acceptable.

This guy said he cried three times in ten months. That's not "over every little thing".

You both need to be slapped in the mouth with a dick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast