+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why women hate other women

Why women hate other women

This article was being passed around my job by email and I found it to be quite interesting. It was the top ten things that make a woman threatening to other women.

I don't agree with it but I do appreciate the "reasons" as to why. We actually discussed it in one of my college courses and I just found it interesting and it's crazy why as women sometimes we are so harder on each other and don't empower one another enough. I don't agree with changing yourself to make another woman happy but:

Tell me what you all think about it.

http://www.divinecaroline.com/life-etc/friends-family/top-ten-things-make-woman-threatening-other-women

Some women "hate" other women because we are made to believe that our value as persons is defined primarily by our ability to please men. So we "hate" women that seem to please men more efficiently than we do because we see them as threats, as if they are "juicier prizes" than we are, therefore they will take away part of men's approval from us, leaving us feeling as we have little value as persons.

Another reason some women are more competitive with one another than they are with men is that unfortunately, in most work places around the world, there are still fewer positions of power for women than there are for men. So naturally we see other women as competitors for those same few open positions.

Why the hell was this being sent around your work?

Anyway, this article is stupid. Both men and women compete with each other, it just comes out in different ways based on the situation. You don't see two men beating the shit out of each other in a parking lot and say, "wow, men hate each other."

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Why the hell was this being sent around your work?
    lmao. Right.

The authors advice is bullshit. So I'm supposed to change the way I dress, act or carry myself because I'm confident to make some low self esteem insecure bitch feel better about herself or her man?

Honey have several seats.

- - - Updated - - -

Love B's hair........^^^

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    lmao. Right.

The authors advice is bullshit. So I'm supposed to change the way I dress, act or carry myself because I'm confident to make some low self esteem insecure bitch feel better about herself or her man?
    Obviously, the advice only applies to those who do not wish to intimidate other women (and I felt the article was actually kind of hostile). It doesn't always pay to disregard other people's comfort level.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

The article did not say you should change yourself..all it said was reasons why women hate on each other...Despise it as you may, THESE ARE VALID OBSERVATIONS. (and it cuts both ways-male and female)

Obviously we perceive things totally differently. They may be valid reasons as to why other women hate you but if you go back and thoroughly read what the author wrote, she clearly says right here to down play your clothes or change your style.

6. Dress to Impress
    To some women, a pair of high heels is just as good as fish net stockings and a tramp stamp. Don’t ask me why, but they strike fear in the ‘soles’ of all your flip-flopping, ballet flatty, tennis shoe sporting friends. Whether or not you ever stopped liking to play ‘dress up,’ the women around you won’t care. They will question your motivation until their own insecurity eats both them and you alive. Know the dress code and don’t over-do it. There is a thin line between flashy and trashy. Once the women perceive that you’ve out-dressed them, the only line you will be crossing is the one marked “enemy territory.”

as well as this

10. Affluent
    The wealthier you are, the more out of touch you may be with ‘real people’ problems, leaving you with a bunch of fake friends. Women connect over their weaknesses as much as their strengths. Your ginormous mansion, and your luxury automobile may be overwhelming to even the most down-to-earth ladies. Unfortunately, even if you can hide your car in the garage, you can’t hide your Gucci purse or your designer jeans. Money talks, and in this case, it may be saying, “I’m too good for you.”

I can wear what I want to wear. If I want to wear Red Bottoms I will. Gucci I will. Why down play one's self to make another feel comfortable? I work hard for mine so I'm gonna enjoys the fruits of my labor.

The author is also all over the place. On one hand she saying, okay don't be insecure in yourself when you see what another woman has going on. Which is the right advice.

Then she says, go the extra mile to prove you're more then pretty? Please. I know who I am as a person. Get to know me before judging me. I feel strongly about this because girls are so jealous and don't like you for no reason. Know who you are as a person. I have chics I don't even know that don't like me. I went thru that in high school too. I have always carried myself a certain way and it stands out. Respect each other and we'll be cool. I'm happy my friends aren't like that. I'd cut the squares out my circle. My best friend just got a new beautiful lexus the other day. No I didn't hate. I gave her props because she works hard and deserves it. Its like, go out and show that shit off. All my girls bad, it aint just one.

This thread is basically going to be just a bunch of women competing/arguing/bitching with each other.

They'll do anything to prove me wrong.

^^^^^

hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Obviously, the advice only applies to those who do not wish to intimidate other women (and I felt the article was actually kind of hostile). It doesn't always pay to disregard other people's comfort level.
    I've got a friend who does party plan sales. She deliberately dresses down so as not to intimidate other women and therefore get more sales.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I've got a friend who does party plan sales. She deliberately dresses down so as not to intimidate other women and therefore get more sales.
    I was thinking more about how many women have issues getting along with their man's family, but I see that you know what I mean. Just because you have the right, doesn't make it prudent to exercise it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I've seen alot of this in the way women relate to each other. We live in a world that focuses on "Me" the world revolves around the individual. While the article did seem biased, and the writer was negative, the point is we all do have a cause and effect on each other in a positive or negative way. Really you need to be self confident regardless of what other people say or do. You have no control over other people's emotions or feelings, but we all do wish to be respected and valued as a person.

No I don't believe we should walk around on egg shells to make other people feel comfortable in their skins, but we should still treat them with respect regardless if we have differences. We have a problem with judging others by the outside, and problably the biggest problem we have on this planet is judging. This isn't just about women, and I agree it's the same for men. Both men and women can be rude, argumentive, choose to do what they feel like doing just because they can and get away with it. But really we don't get away with anything whether we are men or women, we get back what we give. If we're negative, we will be treated the same way.

I can say living in a wealthy area, when people are dressed and show off's people do feel intimidated. It reflects you're all about money, flashing what you have, and sticking up your nose. Lived around it all my life, and yes they do have the attitude of they are better than others, and all that! From homes, to cars, to clothes, you can come across to other people you are superficial. Money speaks, all about power, confidence, and who rules the audience.

Most people like down to earth people they can relate too, that have compassion, understanding, and empathy. The writer's do have some points that are legit. I've seen all of it in action, and even in bible study, the work place, and really the thing is you just have to understand your own self worth. Your self worth isn't measured by what you wear, how much money you have in your pocket, what kind of car you drive, or what house you live in.

Other woman do feel threatend, and they will attack you because of their own insecurities and inadequacies. Really you can't change who you are for other people. If you do you end up being a people pleaser, but we can offend others and give them the wrong messages by the way we act and react without being aware of it. Usually when people flaunt themselves, or think they're better than me, I just walk away and move on. lol I don't need friends or co-workers that act and dress to impress, because it all is very superficial to me. It is a game, and really shows others insecurities, that they feel they need to show off. Really is behind motivation and intention of what message people are trying to send by presenting themselves the way they do. I've sat in bible studies with other women and can tell you they do just as much damage. So the thing is no matter where you are, you will find personalities clashing, and like Leo Buscaglia once said, you can be an apple, someone be an orange, and someone be a banana. You're all different, and not supposed to be the same. It is is accpeting others for who they are and the differences. I've learned any time I feel there's a problem with someone else, it really is my issue if I think they need to change to fit my agenda or who I believe they should be. It's their choice who they want to be, and really have to live with themselves.

Worse are women on the internet jealous of other women, LOL, ones they don't even know what they look like, ones that don't threaten a job or a man of theirs those are sorry people IMO. What type of insecure person gets jealous of someone online you got to have deep deep I hate myself issues to get jealous of a female online what threat could you possibly feel, lol? I find those types sad. I rarely see men jealous of other men online but women, omg it's all over. As for the dressing down around other women I only noticed this during summer and beach/pool time and what choice of bathing suit you wear I am serious show too much around them or BFs and you hear about it QUICK! But regular clothes never noticed that as an issue.

Yay I agree with you hatethis, was on secondlife and watched women tear up each other over men. Women can be very nasty, mean, and really opened my eyes to women.

Definitely. I've seen it on every type of thing online FB, forums obviously dating sites even on people's IG accounts. What happened to a sisterhood, building each other up? I immediately lose respect for someone I see doing this - you know they have real insecurity issues and instead of addressing their own issues they tear a new one throughout the internet on faceless unknown women.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast