+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on a theory!

Need some advice on a theory!

Well i've come to the conclusion that we all want what we cannot have, and that this probably works the same way in relationships.

So if you really want to be with a certain person would I be right in saying that it is best to control your emotions, and not tell them how you feel, and do certain things which make them think that you really aren't interested? Or would it be best to drop subtle hints, and try to become their best friend?

So for example if a guy really wants to be with a girl who's a friend of his, would it be best just to play it cool, and generally speaking ignore her to a certain degree?

Not really sure about this theory, any feedback would be interesting.

that theory is wrong. I want an awesome PC ....guess what....I have one..*flushes theory down the toilet*. I prefer the saying "never settle for less".
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    that theory is wrong. I want an awesome PC ....guess what....I have one..*flushes theory down the toilet*. I prefer the saying "never settle for less".
    Yea but you see i'm talking bout the perspective from when you don't have the PC, you will want the PC. Once you have the PC you don't flush it down the toilet. Just like when you enter a relationship you really want to be in you don't try to screw it up.

I prefer "don't compromise the big stuff, but don't sweat the small stuff" over "never settle for less" because you will never find the perfect person, there will always be the odd arguement.
    Last edited by Airborne; 05-08-05 at 05:59 PM.

Tone Guest
    Yeah I think the best thing to do is control your emotions as best as possible.. drop little playful hints here and there to let her know you like her a lot. Make her laugh, make her smile, make her feel good about herself!

I've given up on lettin out my emotions too soon and let a girl know how I really feel about her - girls are so evil they prey on that kind of stuff..

So I would definately play it cool - show her attention, but only JUST enough to keep her interests peeked and wanting to come back for more... and only in small doses! Don't overdo it.. the worse thing guys can do is let a girl know how much we like them too soon - cause then you kill the challenge and when they know they have you wrapped around their finger - they go out lookin for the next challenge, knowing if they don't find it - they have a backup plan - you. Not all girls - but most...

Tone---"I've given up on lettin out my emotions too soon and let a girl know how I really feel about her - girls are so evil they prey on that kind of stuff.. "

Can say the same for guys. If a girl likes a guy and shows it, well....most guys would use that to their advantage. It's like some power trip. Knowing that you hold someone's emotions and totally being, in the palm of your hand, and that you could crush them at any moment.

Airborne----No need to ignore her. Just play it cool. Be friendly.

Tone Guest
    Yeah true - just seems to be the thing to do these days.

;_;

Wow - you guys sure are pessimists! As for me, I'd prefer a more direct approach; I'm not so much of a game-player...

Tone Guest
    I'll be seeing you in 18 years shh! ^_^

lilwing89 Guest
    shh!t

lmao

No, that was my *daughter* in 18 years. You can see me sooner.
    :-D

playing it cool can sometimes be a little difficult but all in all i belive its alwasy good to hold something back.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne
    I prefer "don't compromise the big stuff, but don't sweat the small stuff" over "never settle for less" because you will never find the perfect person, there will always be the odd arguement.
    I agree and i really like that quote...but love should never be about "Settling" for sumone anyway, because that sounds more liek a compromise than anything else... to answer your original question....if you have a friend and you like her it's best to drop subtle hints cuz "acting cool" or "ignoring her" won't really get the message across. If your hints are just the right amount of subtle they will both get her attention and keep her guessing....

Ok, now I guess it's time to tell you all the real dilemma, and where I screwed up big! I hope to fix this problem, but i fear it may be unfixable.

Well basically the girl I want to go out with is my ex who broke up with me about a month ago, a couple of days ago I just went out and told her I still had strong feelings for her, really not subtle. Naturally I got shunned. I realise now that this was a mistake, and im wondering if there is any possible way to rectify this, and make her think of me as someone who won't go out with her at the drop of a hat. Need some advice on how to keep her guessing as to my intentions, how I feel about her etc.

Ok well yea u did kinda mess up a lil bit... there is one thing that might work though ...you can start pretending that when she shot you down, you gave up on her and are now ready to move on...you can maybe tell her you met sumone else...don't be cold toward her..or mean just "play it cool". Just so you know this could easily backfire...cuz liek if she's over you and she thinks your over her, she might move on...so be careful.

hmm, ok i'll try that. I'll pretend to be into someone else, but i'll keep complimenting and being warm to her and stuff like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast