+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Theory That Love is Blind and How Low You Could Go

The Theory That Love is Blind and How Low You Could Go

I've never truly been in love, at 24, my opinions on the subject would be somewhat biased as a result of that fact. Despite that, I've been doing a lot of thinking about the subject recently, and I've come to a semi conclusion in the thinking that the love I am willing to give (romantically) and my libido will forever be hand in hand. I know this because there have been plenty of sub par looking girls in my life who have had personalities that have been close to perfect to my ideal and I have continuously shut them down for no particular reason, except one. Maybe it has something to do with the whole Oedipus complex thing and the fact that my mother was so attractive in her younger days and the fact that women who don't match her standards of beauty, I subconciously shut them out on an emotional level. This is pretty depressing, the idea that our most intimate wants (love and sex) are based on things as simple as a persons body type and the structure of their face, its primitive, love as a concept is not totally moral

And I'll admit that the situation is slightly worse for woman, though this could be a matter for debate.....

This relates somewhat to my thread about racial preferances as well, its been statistically proven that the majority of people are more attracted to others with similar facial features and skin tone, woman more so than men apparently. AND there is nothing wrong with that from the evolutionary standpoint, human beings are tribalistic creatures but it does beg the question again about whether or not love is blind. Personally, I would have an easier time falling in love with a caucasian women then a woman from another race I think.......not proud of that fact, but its a reality

Do you really feel the need to write an elaborate theory to justify your need for a girlfriend of absolute stunning beauty?

Most people won't settle for sub-par... only someone desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Do you really feel the need to write an elaborate theory to justify your need for a girlfriend of absolute stunning beauty?

Most people won't settle for sub-par... only someone desperate.
    Its depressing, don't you think the Elephant Man was deserving of love?

Who cares about the Elephant man? He's dead, and if he ever deserved love, then he probably received it.

You compare beauty standards to your mom?.. are you sure you don't have mommy issues or something, kinda odd no?

I'm actually rarely attracted to women with looks similar to hers, but its not abnormal at all for a persons mother to become their standard of beauty in adulthood. Psychology101 were talking about here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's probably true. After all, a boy's first true love is his momma, and isn't there an old saying about girls wanting to marry someone just like daddy? (Assuming the parents were good ones, anyway.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think it is commonly accepted that men pick their mates based on appearance while women tend to go for some kind of "emotional connection".

When u say u have not been in love, r u saying u have not been in any relationship or just not serious enough to get married ?

OP, are you saying you are in love with your mother???????
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-