+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys, what names do you consider to be relationship names only to call a girl

Guys, what names do you consider to be relationship names only to call a girl

Obvious, honey and sweetheart are two but what else? what would you call a gf but would stop using if that person was then your ex or does it change?

If it's an ex it changes to bitch, psycho, etc

Lol, definitely we get those after and cunt too. I know one called me a bitch to his friends after we broke, and I wasn't even a bitch to him but it made him appear innocent name calling me, I guess.

i'd call a gf - baby, beautiful, or sexy but if we broke up i'd never call them that again because would make them think i still wanted them or loved them. i still call an ex angel because she has an angel tat and it was her nickname with me and others not a relationship pet name. it depends on what type of relationship you have with your ex i guess.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Bae, Huns, Babe, Sweetie, Baby, Mine

I haven't had a seriously messed up ex before but the worst names I called ex's were bitches or cunts

I wouldn't call an ex honey or baby or even use the words love to them.

I have called some exes pet names but they weren't romantic names, just cute or funny ones that applied to them and those names still stand even after a break up.

Their 'ex's. Why call them anything other than their name, if that.
    Oh yes, and to those that loosely use terms such as 'bitch', or other lovely and endearing terms, (yes i am being sarcastic), well, that's just a self reflection indicative of their own self.

I call them with respect in real names. Althought it would be easier move on just by calling them bich. Still have to learn that one.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

So most if still talking to their ex casually only address them with their name? I was still calling my ex his petname after the breakup and talks after, he didn't even use my name if I recall. Just hi.

Something to think about, some people withhold things to hurt others or say things to hurt others that includes how they address another they once dated or loved. Like pcmaster said at least using the persons name is a sign of respect.

Relationship names generally bring back old feelings so if it were me I'd just address them by their proper name.

What is the problem with using their real names, simply? I think it's the easiest option.

It kinda depends on how you were raised, what kind of cultural background you have, etc.

Some people are comfortable calling a complete stranger 'sweetheart,' while others wouldn't even use that on their significant other until well into the first few years of their relationship.

Personally, I think it's all about intent. If you INTEND it as a pet name, then you're good to go. If you INTEND it as just a friendly thing, then that's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by somehelp4me View Post
    Something to think about, some people withhold things to hurt others or say things to hurt others that includes how they address another they once dated or loved. Like pcmaster said at least using the persons name is a sign of respect.
    I agree I never did but I had ex's who did both. I only think if you remain friendly you could keep a nicer nickname for each other and not always use given names.

@Ensom- Oh Inever thought about it that way so pet names or special niks conjure up past relationship feelings even if each have dated others since? or right after breaking and both are single?

@ the _last_jedi- You are right the actual given name is simpliest and easiest to say.

@trevor_h - I have friends who call me hun, baby and only ever been male friends no relationship they call all girls same types of names relationship or not makes me wonder who others get hung up on these names. True what you said some are okay with still talking close terms with others ex's and others what the distance. Should be an easier transition because if the intention isn't romantic or sexual what should it matter what name is said?