+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriends crude jokes

Boyfriends crude jokes

Okay this is for the men and ladies. I'm sincerely just very curious if I'm being over sensative or not. My bf of almost a year thinks is oh so humerous to joke about flirting with other women and other women flirting with him. I have had it up to my eye balls with it. I personally feel it's super disrespectful. I think if I could I would have steam coming from my ears right now. Mind you he is 32 years old and not 16. Thanks so much.

Welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion. Enjoy your stay here...
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

I think thats how biches work - you see guy interacting with other girls and it makes you more attracted on genetic level cause guy have something to offer to other females as well, so he only proves hes mating potencial. Would you like better if women would hate him?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    I think thats how biches work - you see guy interacting with other girls and it makes you more attracted on genetic level cause guy have something to offer to other females as well, so he only proves hes mating potencial. Would you like better if women would hate him?
    Today, 01:16 AMJenniferD
    Boyfriends crude jokes

Okay this is for the men and ladies. I'm sincerely just very curious if I'm being over sensative or not. My bf of almost a year thinks is oh so humerous to joke about flirting with other women and other women flirting with him. I have had it up to my eye balls with it. I personally feel it's super disrespectful. I think if I could I would have steam coming from my ears right now. Mind you he is 32 years old and not 16. Thanks so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Woops I didn't mean to post like that. Sorry I'm new to this. He jokes about sleeping with his new boss and what not to me.... I thinks it's deisrespectful and he thinks it's funny. So your saying you think it's an okay thing to joke about? Really.

He may think it's a joke...but if you're not laughing, then it's not funny.

You've been together for a year now. The honeymoon is over, the rose coloured glasses are off and you're seeing the *real* him. Question is, is the real him acceptable to you? Yes, I guess he could stop saying these things if he knows it upsets you, but the fact remains that he'd still be thinking them.

Any other issues in the relationship?

Could be time to question if your morals and ethics are compatible.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Oh yes there are for sure other issues in our relationship. Both his fault and my own. What women would be okay with that kind of talk though. Or when he has said babe if you walked into my work and caught another girl giving me a "bj" what would you do..(sorry for the foul language). What exactly would you like to know. He, Brandon at one point in our relationship was reaching out to other women which he never slept with them but inappropriate conversations were had. I have never broken loyalty to him at all.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also how he gets upset over me being in a bathing suit. I brought my daughters to an indoor water park and he was making statements like, "your showing yourself off". But that obviously was not the case. I was at a water park with my kids am I suppose to wear a turtle neck because he is insecure?

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferD View Post
    There's also how he gets upset over me being in a bathing suit. I brought my daughters to an indoor water park and he was making statements like, "your showing yourself off". But that obviously was not the case. I was at a water park with my kids am I suppose to wear a turtle neck because he is insecure?
    Dump his controlling ass. Learn how to avoid guys like him in the future. Don't ignore the red flags.

Oh yes there are for sure other issues in our relationship. Both his fault and my own. What women would be okay with that kind of talk though. Or when he has said babe if you walked into my work and caught another girl giving me a "bj" what would you do..(sorry for the foul language). What exactly would you like to know. He, Brandon at one point in our relationship was reaching out to other women which he never slept with them but inappropriate conversations were had. I have never broken loyalty to him at all.

- - - Updated - - -

And you're still with him because??? He sounds like a dick
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Making sure I'm not over reacting because that's his usual defense. I'm either over dramatic, over reacting, and that it's annoying. I have been so blind!

That's called gaslighting. He's making you believe that you're crazy for reacting like any person would.

Making sure I'm not over reacting because that's his usual defense. I'm either over dramatic, over reacting, and that it's annoying. I have been so blind!
    Gotta learn to trust yourself. If your gut tells you it's wrong, then it most likely is.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    That's called gaslighting. He's making you believe that you're crazy for reacting like any person would.
    Actually gaslighting is when he says "I never said that. You're imagining things."

I'm extending the definition to "making you believe that you're crazy/overreacting/dramatic (or whatever) when in fact you aren't".

In this case, he's telling her "I did nothing wrong. You are imagining the wrong things that I did."
    Last edited by searock; 19-03-14 at 05:10 PM.

Jennifer, you are definitely not over sensitive. This is not a joke. It is disrespectful.

He is not the kind of person to have a serious relationship with. He will get worse and very likely become an emotionally abusive partner. In fact this is already emotionally abusive behavior. If he jokes like that knowing you feel uncomfortable he is enjoying your discomfort and embarrassment.

My advice is to dump him. You deserve better. By staying with him you are missing the chance of meeting a really good guy that will make you happy.

Most men are decent. Don't waste time with some puerile idiot.

With the bathing suit incident he shows that he is controlling. It will only get worse. Leave him.
    Last edited by Johnagape; 20-03-14 at 08:44 PM.