+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how often should i message this girl i am interested in?

how often should i message this girl i am interested in?

Hey guys! I've been on two dates with an old friend and things have been going great! However, we both go to different colleges and we cannot see each other until we get back for the summer.

She proposed a week after i saw her (a month ago) that we should meet up again for a third date. Yet we have kept very little contact since then and we still have another month of school!

Now my question is if i should be messaging her in order to keep her interested. I have texted her twice to initiate conversation twice in a row (a week apart) and she still seemed attracted. Yet I've left her to initiate the conversation this time, but I have had no response in over a week! I want to keep her engaged, but i don't want to bore her with menial conversations over text!

Also, we are both very busy at school, so keep that in mind. Thanks a ton guys!

Every 17 minutes until you see her again. Don't stop. Don't sleep. Just show your love with a constant barrage of texts.

Or you could just ask her what she thinks.

Nevermind
    Last edited by surfhb2; 26-03-14 at 02:06 PM.

Actually, if anybody has advice on this one, I'd be interested to hear it as well. LOL! Because I second guess the Hell out of myself with stuff like this even just with friends. I can't imagine how much I will drive myself crazy if/when I ever have a girl in whom I am becoming interested. I tend to over-think things, wondering if I text too much and they will get sick of it.... or not enough, and they will think I am not interested in hearing from them. Yeah, I'm neurotic. LOL! I am learning to deal with it, though.

Rule 1: If you call or text a girl and recieve no reply, don't contact her till she contacts you

Too much and she'll think your nuts, too little and she'll assume your a player. If you want to be a couple with her, get into 'couple' mode and fire off a friendly 'how was your day' each evening. Maybe miss a night here and there but stay on it, just don't over do it. Follow your gut/heart.

Hmm, well, I hope you text more often than what you post here.
    Not that it matters but how does someone be a member of a forum for 3.5 years and have only THREE posts?
    I am assuming you are not the type to bombard.

Just send her another text, something meaningful but short. There isn't much rule to how often but i would imagine twice a week is safest. It is no where near too much and even if it is too little, you two can rev up communication frequency later.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Thanks guys for your responses! Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks about this stuff

We are both fairly minimalist people and don't really like using phones or facebook too much (we never really message friends just to say hi), so my gut tells me that messaging her roughly once a week should be fine, maybe a bit less.

I think ill message her this weekend even though I initiated the conversation the past two times (I think i might be taking these texting "rules" a bit seriously ). When I do, I'll make sure to talk to her how she feels about me texting/ messaging her lightheartedly. Also, if she is doing something later in the week (like a test), I'll ask her to tell me how it went once it happens, as she has asked me to do this multiple times as well!

We already have confirmed that we will see each other again, so all I'm trying to do is maintain the spark that we have!

**EDIT** Also, our first and second date was separated by a month of school and that seemed to go along fine. The time between the second one and the third date we "set up" will be just a touch over two months. Let me know what you guys think!
    Last edited by bassbrotha; 29-03-14 at 04:32 AM.