+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fiance not talking

Fiance not talking

I am 24 yrs old and my fiance is 22 yrs old. I got engaged to her 4 days ago on Sunday. It will be an arranged marriage and our families have planned our marriage after 1 year. I was so excited to get engaged because I thought that after engagement I will start communicating with my fiance over the phone, will have a new start and will be able to know her by talking to her. Well after our engagement she does not seem interested in me. I called her brother's phone and talked to her but she did not seem to be interested in talking to me and she also did not gave me her phone number. I also asked my mother to inquire her reason for not talking to me and she told me mother that she does not want to have any communication with me before marriage. I am so much tense after hearing this because I want to talk to her so badly and I want to know her completely before marriage but she said she will never talk to me before until we get married. She thinks that communication before marriage will create problems for both of us and her parents also do not allow her to talk to me until our marriage. I can't wait for one year to know her and I also think without communication there is no relationship. Please help me I can't live without talking to her. I have tried a lot to act cool but I can't remain okay without contacting her until marriage for a whole year. Kindly tell me some solution. Thanks !!

Don't get married. Break tradition and go out and find your own wife by courting someone you really find attractive, and they find you attractive too....fall in love and THEN get married. This marriage sounds like you both will be unhappy so what is the damn point. Run away and do what you want to do.....find someone to love on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Don't get married. Break tradition and go out and find your own wife by courting someone you really find attractive, and they find you attractive too....fall in love and THEN get married. This marriage sounds like you both will be unhappy so what is the damn point. Run away and do what you want to do.....find someone to love on your own.
    You are right dear but she is beautiful and educated as well and its hard to find such girl in our society. That is why I don't want to lose her because I like her. May be she is under pressure by her family not to contact with me until marriage. The thing that is keeping me frustrated is, no communication with her. I want her to talk to me if not possible on daily basis she may keep contact on weekly basis or even monthly but at least there must be some sort of contact between us. Some of my friends are saying that with the passage of some time she will herself initiate contact with me. How can I make her interested to talk to me? I don't want to lose her. If I wait for her to initiate contact with me, would it work? Is there any other way to make her attracted towards me..